Re: BUG: Now I'm getting no e-mails for many forum posts

Page 2 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 4:03 PM

Joel Garboden:
Web mail or desktop email clients should give a number of emails in a particular folder, or how many are selected.

They should, but a) they are no longer in one folder, and b) like so many other programs, including Logos, Thunderbird has essentially stopped fixing bugs for 10.6, and one of the more annoying ones is that I no longer get any number when I select. Well, sometimes I can get one directly after restart, but only one, not for multiple folders, so getting something even remotely accurate would take multiple restarts. Plus I'd first need to figure out what UTC is. I'd prefer PST. After all this time with Logos, I know what that is.

And, by the way, for most of the time you mentioned, I got lots and lots of duplicate e-mails, so would that number really tell you anything? Surely it would be more useful to look at how many I've gotten after the duplicate e-mails ended?

Some observations:

• I seem to be getting more posts now than I did some hours ago. Or at least I did; recently it's slowed down again.
  • I believe I've gotten all, or at least most, of the posts in this thread.
  • I believe I've gotten all, or at least most, of the posts in the French forum (not the most important one...)
  • I'm still missing virtually all posts by MJ (which, to me, are more or less the most important ones, together with those by Logos' employees and some of my own), especially threads started by her.
  • I will be very disappointed if this continues until Tuesday!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 4:07 PM

Don Awalt:
Whoa really? I didn't even look, they are all giving me this error I just posted!

Read the second post on this thread...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 5:53 AM

Good news: I may now be getting all posts. At least I'm getting enough to make it very hard to say if any are still missing.

Bad news: I have received two more duplicate posts. Not that I get upset over that few. I just wanted to let you know.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 28 2014 6:31 PM

fgh:
At least I'm getting enough to make it very hard to say if any are still missing.

Unfortunately, I just discovered one post I didn't get: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/85174/597050.aspx#597050 (I got the reply, which is why I noticed).

No more duplicates.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 5:35 AM

Another post that didn't arrive: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/85212/597324.aspx#597324.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 8:48 AM

fgh, I've updated the case with your most recent message and let the case assignee know.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 9:17 AM

Thanks. Some more:

Does it help you if I list the exact missing posts like this, or am I just wasting time?

EDIT: Added more links.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 12:11 PM

fgh:
Does it help you if I list the exact missing posts

Sure. They're useful for tracking down logs.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 1:09 PM

OK, then I'll add them to this post as long as I can edit it.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 2:50 PM

Two of the missing posts just turned up. Was that you?

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Joel Garboden (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 29 2014 3:57 PM

fgh:

Two of the missing posts just turned up. Was that you?

Not I, I haven't changed anything with Forums recently. They probably got delayed somewhere along the line due to sheer volume of messages going to you.

I'm seeing significantly less errors at a server-level since my Friday/Saturday night changes.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 30 2014 10:03 AM

I haven't checked line by line, but I believe I've now gotten all the missing e-mails listed above, plus quite a few more I didn't realise were missing.

Joel Garboden:
They probably got delayed somewhere along the line due to sheer volume of messages going to you.

Any idea why? It's never happened before during 3,5 years, and the volume has at times been much higher (L5 launch...).

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Joel Garboden (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 30 2014 2:00 PM

We've also been increasing how much email we send out (more products, more customers, more promotions, etc), we occasionally get flagged as spam by various email providers (Yahoo being most frequent). The spam block doesn't last very long, once they/we confirm it isn't actually spam. The temporary spam block might explain the "waves" you've been getting.

I don't have numbers to back that theory, but I'm sticking with it! :)

Thanks for your patience and feedback during this problem.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 2:27 PM

I'm missing lots of e-mails again, eg

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 4:43 PM

And I am getting doubles of almost every post! Arrrrgggghhh! Been that way since at least late last week. No replies from Logos on this.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 5:03 PM

Don Awalt:

And I am getting doubles of almost every post! Arrrrgggghhh! Been that way since at least late last week. No replies from Logos on this.

Don, we have a case open for this as well.

Posts 564
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 10 2014 5:16 PM

fgh:
I'm missing lots of e-mails again

Thanks, fgh....I was beginning to wonder because the quantity in my inbox has dropped significantly lately, but hadn't had the time to check it out. This is my preferred way to monitor the forum, cause I don't miss any conversations this way (when it is working!). Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 12:57 PM

Toby, in the last 15 hours, I've gotten exactly 14 e-mails. I would imagine that the correct number should be well above 100.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 17 2014 1:01 PM

Hi, all. We're still working on correcting the e-mail issues. I'm sorry I don't have an ETA yet to share. Thanks for your patience.

Page 2 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS