Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 24 2014 11:18 AM

Just came across this website for the journal Kerux...and the good news is the whole journal run from 1986 to 2010 is available for free online! Even the newer editions are free of charge. In other words, there should be very little difficulty getting this journal into Logos. I hope someone will put this on the front burner...Logos has talked about beefing up its journal offerings--this would be a great place to start!

I think this would make a great CP offering! Smile

Yes

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 24 2014 1:22 PM

It appears that it is still being published (not defunct).  The May 2014 issue is now available according to www.nwts.edu.  I'm not sure why—other than the fact that you mentioned "through 2010"—I originally thought you indicated it was defunct.  I haven't taken the time to peruse any of the issues other than the current one which is very brief (< 20 pp). 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 24 2014 1:26 PM

David Paul:
the good news is the whole journal run from 1986 to 2010 is available for free online! Even the newer editions are free of charge. In other words, there should be very little difficulty getting this journal into Logos.

How does that follow? 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 24 2014 1:40 PM

fgh:

David Paul:
the good news is the whole journal run from 1986 to 2010 is available for free online! Even the newer editions are free of charge. In other words, there should be very little difficulty getting this journal into Logos.

How does that follow? 

Well, since Logos resources are not free, the publishers would be in a position to earn something from what they are currently giving away for free. They may choose to not take any remuneration, in which case they could donate whatever they get to the charity of their choice, or they could just let Logos cover their expenses of tagging and linking the journals and take nothing. Either way, the fact that they are already publishing this resource without charge indicates a strong desire to get the info "out there". Partnering with Logos to further that goal (to the tune of thousands of pump-primed interested parties) is about as logical and common-sense next-steppish as something could get.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 24 2014 1:51 PM

George Somsel:

It appears that it is still being published (not defunct).  The May 2014 issue is now available according to www.nwts.edu.  I'm not sure why—other than the fact that you mentioned "through 2010"—I originally thought you indicated it was defunct.

I did...because I saw the "through 2010" and "free" and got excited and posted without closely reading the rest. As soon as I posted it, I read the rest and saw my mistake and fixed it. It's great that it is still being published--I bet Logos could get something going with them similar to what Themelios has been doing...offering the latest issue not long after release.

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 8:32 PM

David, thank you for pointing to this journal.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 9:46 PM

David Paul:
Either way, the fact that they are already publishing this resource without charge indicates a strong desire to get the info "out there". Partnering with Logos to further that goal (to the tune of thousands of pump-primed interested parties) is about as logical and common-sense next-steppish as something could get.

This reminds me of another resource. The College Press Bible Study Textbook Series is available online for free in PDF and I've heard is vailable free in another program yet Logo wants $229 for it.

So the tagging of a "free" resource results in a rather high price tag.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 6:04 AM

David Paul:

fgh:

David Paul:

How does that follow? 

Well, since Logos resources are not free, the publishers would be in a position to earn something from what they are currently giving away for free. They may choose to not take any remuneration, in which case they could donate whatever they get to the charity of their choice, or they could just let Logos cover their expenses of tagging and linking the journals and take nothing. Either way, the fact that they are already publishing this resource without charge indicates a strong desire to get the info "out there". Partnering with Logos to further that goal (to the tune of thousands of pump-primed interested parties) is about as logical and common-sense next-steppish as something could get.

They always can do what Gospel Coalition have done with Themelios. You can download it whether as pdf, or as Logos product for FREE. Great way to get it.

Bohuslav

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 15 2017 2:22 PM

Bump.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS