Free book of the month

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Ruth | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 26 2014 10:00 AM

If I want to get the free book of the month, why do I need to enter credit card information? Am I doing something wrong?

Posts 169
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 10:04 AM

Hi, Ruth, and welcome to the Logos Forums!

Ruth:

If I want to get the free book of the month, why do I need to enter credit card information? Am I doing something wrong?

This question has been asked frequently on the Forums. Logos is working on a solution of removing the credit card requirement for free books. See this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/30699/566159.aspx#566159

<!-- -->

Posts 2
Ruth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 10:06 AM

Great. Thanks

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 10:21 AM

Process your order through the Catholic server of Logos... https://verbum.com  already has dropped that requirement for orders totalling zero.

-Dan

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 10:56 AM

Dan Francis:

Process your order through the Catholic server of Logos... https://verbum.com  already has dropped that requirement for orders totalling zero.

-Dan

A Catholic server??? Really?? And this is because...?

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 11:06 AM

if you have to ask, You wouldn't understand.

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 11:51 AM

Server likely is the wrong word. front end might be better.... For whoever reason Logos has decided to have a Catholic version of Logos called Verbum, it is roughly identical to Logos 5 but handles some stuff different. Why this is better than having switches in the pretence to turn catholic themes on and off baffles me but apparently having that option was upsetting for a significant enough number of users for Logos to go this route. If one feels Catholics are wrong don't select that option....

-Dan

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 12:05 PM

Dan Francis:
Why this is better than having switches in the pretence to turn catholic themes on and off baffles me

I am with you on this one, it was nicer in Logos 4, did not have to restart the program to change interfaces between languages, etc.  Big Smile

Dan Francis:
If one feels Catholics are wrong don't select that option....

Their lose!

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 1:43 PM

Tom Rach:
it was nicer in Logos 4, did not have to restart the program to change interfaces between languages

Yes, you did.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 3:34 PM

fgh:

Tom Rach:
it was nicer in Logos 4, did not have to restart the program to change interfaces between languages

Yes, you did.

Must have been thinking of libronx Embarrassed

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 7:29 PM

Tom Rach:

fgh:

Tom Rach:

Yes, you did.

Must have been thinking of libronx Embarrassed

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII

IIII IIII IIII III...and counting.  Embarrassed indeed.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 7:32 PM

David Paul:

A Catholic server??? Really?? And this is because...?

Paul C:

if you have to ask, You wouldn't understand.

Well, I can think of a variety of reasons...pretty much every one of which is either embarrassing, scandalous, cowardly, or shameful--except for the ones that are a mixture of these.

Rather than postulate, I thought it might be nicer if someone conjured a reason that wasn't as...unsavory.

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 26 2014 10:28 PM

David Paul:
Rather than postulate, I thought it might be nicer if someone conjured a reason that wasn't as...unsavory.

Well perhaps Logos hopes to gain Imprimatur for Verbum....

-Dan

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 1:44 AM

Dan Francis:

David Paul:

Well perhaps Logos hopes to gain Imprimatur for Verbum....

-Dan

It's a way they can experiment with rolling out new website features (like not having to ask for a credit card) without wrecking things for their entire core user base (which is still mostly conservative evangelicals, no matter how hard they've been trying to diversify).

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS