Charles Spurgeon Sermon Index PBB

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 26 2014 11:00 PM

I created a sermon index of Spurgeon's sermons organized by Scripture reference. If you have the Charles Spurgeon Collection, it will link to all of those sermons.

You can compile this as a Bible Commentary, and it will show up in your Passage Guide.

0508.Spurgeon Sermon Index.docx

Let me know if you find this useful, or if you have any corrections or critiques.

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 1:36 AM

Thanks Elnwood. This is great.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 1:53 AM

Hi elnwood,

Did you know that Logos now has a sermons section in the passage guide? This makes it much easier to access Spurgeon's sermons (and some others) through the PG and SSG?

Mark

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 10:18 AM

Mark Barnes:

Hi elnwood,

Did you know that Logos now has a sermons section in the passage guide? This makes it much easier to access Spurgeon's sermons (and some others) through the PG and SSG?

Mark

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for the tip.

I just tried it out. It works well! They only index one Scripture reference though, and sometimes Spurgeon chooses multiple passages.

Posts 9235
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 11:23 AM

elnwood:
I created a sermon index of Spurgeon's sermons organized by Scripture reference. If you have the Charles Spurgeon Collection, it will link to all of those sermons.

Nice job. Yours catches those multiple scripture citations nicely.

Mark Barnes:

And perhaps Mark is too modest to point to his own index of Spurgeon's sermons as well: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/64361.aspx

I use both the sermon starter and Mark's index. Yours is now complied as well. Thank you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2044
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 11:38 AM

Yes, both are helpful and appreciated.

Posts 2
Doug Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 5:03 PM

Came across this today. Works great. Thank you, elnwood!

Posts 116
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2020 4:33 AM

You might also want to look at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/65323.aspx?PageIndex=10 (the post from March 2020 has the most recent version), which contains an index of Spurgeon's sermons, and a lot more. The instructions are in a message of September 2019.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS