Interlinear Questions... possible bug?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:55 AM

A couple of quick observations:

1. I've noticed that the interlinears do not scroll with the text as I move from verse to verse. This appears to be true for all the bibles I have that have interlinears. (I have the Platinum package.) This is not expected behavior. Any particular reason this is true? I'm thinking this is a bug, right? If so, is it being corrected? 

2. The NASB95 interlinear is also keyed to Louw Nida for the NT. Why aren't other NTs keyed to Louw Nida? Are there any plans to do so in the future?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:20 PM

James Thompson:

A couple of quick observations:

1. I've noticed that the interlinears do not scroll with the text as I move from verse to verse. This appears to be true for all the bibles I have that have interlinears. (I have the Platinum package.) This is not expected behavior. Any particular reason this is true? I'm thinking this is a bug, right? If so, is it being corrected? 

This is how they work for me too. Sometimes, as I'm reading through my English Bible I get to a point where the NA27 Interlinear no longer shows the text. To fix that, I click on the verse, so it's active in the navigation box, then use the right-arrow-key to navigate to my next Bible. This seems to sync everything up to the current verse.Then I left-arrow-key back to my preferred Bible.

I don't know why it works this way, but I don't think it should either.

James Thompson:
2. The NASB95 interlinear is also keyed to Louw Nida for the NT. Why aren't other NTs keyed to Louw Nida? Are there any plans to do so in the future?

Don't have a clue. But be careful what you ask for; they may decide to make the NASB conform to the standard pattern.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:37 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Don't have a clue. But be careful what you ask for; they may decide to make the NASB conform to the standard pattern.

Gee, I hope not! I like the inclusion of Louw Nida! If there is any change I'd hope for the inclusion of Louw Nida in the remaining interlinears!

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:46 PM

James Thompson:
I've noticed that the interlinears do not scroll with the text as I move from verse to verse.

The interlinears shows selected word i center of the interlinear pane. When scrolling in bible text you have to select a word to get interlinear to "follow".

Ebbe

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:49 PM

James,

LN works in my NKJV, ESV, NASB95.

I noticed an odd behaviour. The LN did not show up in NKJV or the ESV. So i entered John 1 in the reference box. Still no LN showed in the Interlinears. The NASB95 Interlinear did not have the LN either. Then i had to click on a word in any of those editions. Then the LN showed under each translations in the Interlinear, but i always had to click on a word in the english translations to get the LN to show up.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:25 PM

steve clark:

LN works in my NKJV, ESV, NASB95.

I noticed an odd behaviour. The LN did not show up in NKJV or the ESV. So i entered John 1 in the reference box. Still no LN showed in the Interlinears. The NASB95 Interlinear did not have the LN either. Then i had to click on a word in any of those editions. Then the LN showed under each translations in the Interlinear, but i always had to click on a word in the english translations to get the LN to show up.

There is obviously an issue with the interlinears. I tried your suggestion and got LN to show up  in all but the ESV! Seems the function is erractic. Can we get this reported as a bug?

Posts 25825
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:28 PM

James Thompson:
There is obviously an issue with the interlinears. I tried your suggestion and got LN to show up  in all but the ESV! Seems the function is erractic. Can we get this reported as a bug?

There is an issue with the interlinears. For the moment keep in touch with what Rich DeR is doing at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8517.aspx?PageIndex=2

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:34 PM

James Thompson:

I've got to clarify:

Are you talking about an interlinear syncing with an English Bible, or are you talking about a Reverse Interlinear. I assumed the former in my initial post.

As far as the latter goes, you must click on an English word in a reverse interlinear to show the Greek text behind it. The rev int window is not designed to follow the reading. See below in what's Missing for the time table on bringing back the old style rev int.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:37 PM

James Thompson:
I tried your suggestion and got LN to show up  in all but the ESV!

James,

Could you try:

1) entering John 1:1-5 in the reference box.

2) click on the word beginning in John 1:1 (the 3rd word)

3) Turn on the Interlinear

4) right click on surface on the left side of the Interlinear. And ensure that Loud Nida is checked.

Edit: please reverse steps 2 & 3.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:54 PM

steve clark:

Could you try:

1) entering John 1:1-5 in the reference box.

2) click on the word beginning in John 1:1 (the 3rd word)

3) Turn on the Interlinear

4) right click on surface on the left side of the Interlinear. And ensure that Loud Nida is checked.

Duh!!! LN wasn't checked in my ESV! Thanks Steve!

That still leaves an oddity, I wish the interlinear would scroll with the text... myabe a future SR will address this.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS