L4 SR-2 & Cascadia

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:28 PM

Is anyone else able to open Cascadia Syntax Graphs without a crash?

If I type Cascadia into the command bar, I get a crash.

If I try to open it from the Library window, I get a freeze (and then a manual force shut down of the program is required).

Can anyone else duplicate this?

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Turion X2
4GB RAM

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:32 PM

I was not able to duplicate your crash, Cascadia opened fine. However, there have been a lot of reports of resources not working correctly today, reverse interlinears missing the interlinear data etc. Richard deR reported he typed in "update resources" and over a Gig was coming down the pike, perhaps you should try that too to see if it fixes the problem.

Posts 123
David Fish | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:34 PM

I just opened both the graphs and the clause analysis without a crash.

MacBook Air M1 16GB RAM | 2 Mac Minis M1 8GB RAM | iPad 3 (plus some Windows laptops relegated to disuse)

Posts 27049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:34 PM

Kevin Becker:
Richard deR reported he typed in "update resources" and over a Gig was coming down the pike, perhaps you should try that too to see if it fixes the problem.

At http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8517.aspx?PageIndex=2

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 51
Randall McRoberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:06 PM

I got an immediate shutdown.

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:13 PM

Thanks, that was hopefully it. I'm downloading it now.

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:56 PM

Cascadia is also crashing mine. Biblical People, places and things are also greyed out. Downloading 1.45 GB of info.

NKJV reverse interlinear not working also.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 27049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:04 PM

Mike Aubrey:

The old cure for this is to run a syntax query in OpenText (use one of the examples) and then try again.

Do you also have Lexham Syntax Graphs resources?  If you do, HIDE them because they were replaced by Cascadia Syntax Graphs.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:15 PM

Dave Hooton:

Mike Aubrey:

The old cure for this is to run a syntax query in OpenText (use one of the examples) and then try again.

Do you also have Lexham Syntax Graphs resources?  If you do, HIDE them because they were replaced by Cascadia Syntax Graphs.

Download complete, but I'm still crashing. Looks like I'll be uploading log files. Nothing is correcting this.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:20 PM

Cascadia crashing for me too.

SR-2 definitely not ready for prime time.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 6:49 PM

I had Cascadia in a layout that my program opened up to, but the cascadia window said that the resource was missing. I tried opening from the library and L4 crashed.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 5
Michael Scoggins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 8:06 PM

Min works fine! SR-2 4.01.3.4767  Smile

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 4:16 PM

Kenneth Morris:
the cascadia window said that the resource was missing.

I have the same problem and have tried the command update resources but neither of the 2 cascadia resources will update.

The download button is grayed out.

Posts 27049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 8:51 PM

Look at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9797/78005.aspx and delete all the resources in the first post (being careful about the suffix name else you will delete current resources!).

Do you have CSGNT.lbxclv, CSGGLOSSARY.logos4 or CSGNT.lbssyn? These are the Cascadia resources you should have.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 2:32 PM

Dave,

I thought that I had deleted those files (LexhamSGGNT.lbxdv LEXSGGLOSSARY.logos4) back in January but evidently I had not. They have now been deleted.

I do have these files...

Dave Hooton:
Do you have CSGNT.lbxclv, CSGGLOSSARY.logos4 or CSGNT.lbssyn? These are the Cascadia resources you should have.

However, I am still getting this when I try to open the Cascadia Syntax graphs.

Posts 27049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 2:46 PM

Trey Selman:
However, I am still getting this when I try to open the Cascadia Syntax graphs.

This has never been resolved in the forum since the licence for obsolete resources expired on Jan 1, so get straight onto Tech Support and quote this thread & the one I gave you. And please report their fix here.

thanks,

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:59 PM

Dave,

I don't think I have said it but I really do appreciate your sacrifice of time and desire to help others with problems.

Thank you

When I find a solution I will report the answer here.

Trey

Posts 27049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:34 PM

Trey Selman:

Dave,

I don't think I have said it but I really do appreciate your sacrifice of time and desire to help others with problems.

Thank you

And I appreciate that, Trey!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:25 PM

Dave Hooton:

Dave,

I am still trying to deal with this issue. I havenot been able to get to it until now. I called tech support and since I had the beta installed they would not help me.

I have removed everything from my system and reinstalled 4.0B SR-1.

Now the cascadia syntac graphs do not show however I do have the Lexham Syntactic Greek NT (Sentence Analysis, Expansions and Annotations, glossary). Are these resources the Lexham syntax graphs resources? I have tried to search the logos website to confirm what the Lexham syntax graph resources are and cannot find this terminology mentioned. It appears that these files are not the same and the graphs based on the comparison chart for the base products.

Therefore I guess the reason I cannot access the Cascadia graphs is because I do not own the license to them. I have only the scholars edition - not scholars Silver. But if the Lexham Greek NT resources were replaced by the Cascadia syntax graph resources then maybe I should have them.

Posts 27049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 4:58 PM

The Lexham Syntactic Greek are the syntax resources you should have + OpenText Syntactically Analyzed.

The Lexham Syntax Graphs are obsolete. If you were in the secret 4.0 Beta then that licence + the one for Cascadia expired on Jan 1st.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS