Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3186
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 1:05 PM

They refreshed the 21" iMac this week and dropped the price. http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac 

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 2:18 PM

This appears to be just an addition of a lower end model (lower CPU, graphics, and price).  The other two 21" models are the same as there were after the previous refresh.  Makes sense ... should attract more users who can't afford the higher priced models.

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 5:20 PM

Tommy Ball:

They refreshed the 21" iMac this week and dropped the price. http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac 

I don't consider that a refresh. It appears it's directed more toward students. Comes with a lower end CPU and graphics, and like the other 21.5" models is not upgradeable after purchasing it.

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 29050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 7:52 PM

fgh:
They just lowered the prices on the current Minis. I think that pretty much rules out a new one before the fall.Sad And it's already been longer than ever before:

Reading some of the Mac "rumor" sites, it appears that Apple is waiting for the new Intel processors to come out... they are past due. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 7:47 AM

Finally I have a new computer on the way!Smile Or at least the order is on the way to the US. When the actual computer is on the way in the opposite direction remains to be seen. I'll be counting the days.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 8:24 AM

What did you end up ordering?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 9:58 AM

The 'most basic' Pro, but upgraded to 512GB (hence the delivery time).

I negotiated a decent discount, plus I'll get the VAT refunded, so all in all it'll cost me about 75% of the price on Apple's website, but it's not like it's a cheap computer. But it should last me a while, and be a lot more pleasant while it does.

So in a fortnight or so I'll suddenly jump from one of the very worst computers on the forums to one of the very best. I'm sure Logos will be happy to be spared all my 10.6 bug reports and bumps.Smile On the other hand I'll have space enough for a beta account, so my total number of bug reports may go up rather than down.Sad

Hmm... I just realized yet another reason to be anonymous on the web. Telling this, and putting it in my signature later, under my own name, that's like putting up a 'come and steal this' sign. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 11:11 AM

fgh:
The 'most basic' Pro, but upgraded to 512GB (hence the delivery time).

Congratulations! Party!!!

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 12:38 PM

Wow!  Going from a Mini to a Pro is like going from a VW to a Lexus.  Congratulations on the purchase.  Big Smile

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 29050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 1:22 PM

W00T! Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:42 AM

Thanks! If you happen to know anyone at Apple's factory, please tell them to work faster.Big Smile

Charles Scaglione:
Going from a Mini to a Pro is like going from a VW to a Lexus.

An old rusty VW to a brand new Lexus.Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 6:30 AM

This is what 'rust' looks like in LogosSmile:

I won't miss it...

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:11 PM

Congratulations fgh!  Always an exciting day in anticipation!

... a brief glimpse into what is always new, what is always reenergizing, what is always comforting, etc.  ...

Enjoy!  Smile

Posts 2693
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:51 PM

Let's not trash Minis. I'm on my second one and it's just fine with 16GB RAM upgrade. I'd still like an SSD but it's not essential.

Minis are essentially the heart of a Macbook Pro. 

Looking forward to Yosemite. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS