OSX Yosemite Running Smoothly in Early Testing

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2655
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 3 2014 5:17 AM

Just a note to say that Logos beta is running fine on Apple OS X 10.10 Yosemite smoothly in a very early testing. In other words, I launched Logos and it ran and I was able to do some basic stuff.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 3 2014 5:57 PM

Just had to rub it in, didn't you?!?  SMH --- LOL  I'm still waiting for early beta access to Yosemite.  The changes look great!

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:11 AM

I am noticing that certain words are not appearing throughout my open resources. I seem to remember seeing something similar back in Logos 4. 

I am really looking forward to the final release of Yosemite. At this early stage, things are quite buggy (obviously), so don't try this without a dedicated machine for beta testing.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:37 AM

Jonathan:
I am noticing that certain words are not appearing throughout my open resources

This may not be related to Yosemite - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/85429.aspx for a similar report without a reported resolution.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:57 AM

Graham Criddle:

Jonathan:
I am noticing that certain words are not appearing throughout my open resources

This may not be related to Yosemite - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/85429.aspx for a similar report without a reported resolution.

Thank you Graham for pointing me to that thread. I had searched the Logos beta forums for a bug similar to my issue, but did not find anything. The issue that you linked to is exactly what I am experiencing. I will make another post in that thread as well. 

My situation only arose after I upgraded to OS X 10.10 and I am currently running the Logos beta as well.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 2
Lindsay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 10 2014 9:32 PM

I found a workaround on my system for missing words in Program Settings.

Default Resource Font: AppleGothic

Default Notes Font: Damascus

Greek Font: Arial Unicode MS

Hebrew Font: SBL Hebrew

OS X 10.10 Build 14A238X Dev Preview + Logos 5.2a SR-6 (5.2.1.0155)

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 11 2014 6:31 AM

Lindsay Peter Huf:

Thank you Lindsay. That provided me with a temporary solution. I found a couple of other fonts that also seem to work (Arial, etc.). Thank you for taking the time to post this workaround.

Posts 38
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:58 AM

Lindsay:

I thank you as well - this was really frustrating.

I also found that choosing the fonts listed in About Logos Software under the Logos menu tends to clear up the problem. I didn't try ALL of the fonts listed there, but I tried a few, and had no problems.

Thanks again!

Posts 1
Kamil Boberek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 7:37 AM

Garamond also works for me. I hope they will fix this problem in the next release.

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:35 PM

I am having trouble finding the default resource font on my system (OS X 10.10); when I look at my settings I see:

Posts 9850
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:36 AM

This is a bug in the Verbum installer version and has been fixed in the latest beta, out now: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/85619.aspx 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 7922
LogosEmployee

Jonathan:
I am noticing that certain words are not appearing throughout my open resources.

This should be fixed in 5.2b Beta 6.

Posts 10452
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 29 2014 3:21 AM

Michael Sheaver:
I am having trouble finding the default resource font on my system (OS X 10.10); when I look at my settings I see:

Seems to be another text display issue with 10.10. Here is what I see in 10.9.4

Has this issue been fixed in Beta 6?

Posts 7922
LogosEmployee

Jack Caviness:

That was already fixed last month (as per N.B. Mick's post: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/85410/603866.aspx#603866). 

Posts 10452
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:55 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Jack Caviness:

That was already fixed last month (as per N.B. Mick's post: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/85410/603866.aspx#603866). 

Guess it would help if I took note of the date or a post prior to clicking the Reply button Embarrassed

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS