WARNING: SR-2 and Downloads

Page 4 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 87 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 2:26 AM

Well,

I didn' read this thread past the "zap the index folder" recommendation, so I completely uninstalled Logos and did a fresh install....

I've been downloading and indexing since yesterday...

when I woke up..my new install works perfectly! Every bit of it from BP to NLT...all searches and everything.

I don't know if it was the date or what but I'm glad it works!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 3:51 AM

Did the date "bug" only surfice for those that have previously had beta software installed? Is there anyone that was affected by this bug that never had beta software installed? Geeked

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 5:40 AM

Ray ***:
Did the date "bug" only surfice for those that have previously had beta software installed? 

I think so, especially those in the 'secret' 4.0 beta.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 44
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:13 AM

That may not be the case. I didn't beta test. I'm not having the problems with the interliners, people and places of the 1000 pictures. But when I do a morphological or synactic search using Cascadia or Lexham , Logos crashes.

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:41 AM

williamnorman:
That may not be the case. I didn't beta test. I'm not having the problems with the interliners, people and places of the 1000 pictures. But when I do a morphological or synactic search using Cascadia or Lexham , Logos crashes.

Thanks for that.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:03 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

There are also several missing resources. These include: LXX Logos Morphology, 1000 Bible Images, Cascadia Syntax Graphis of the NT: Glossary; and probably others.

Attempting to access Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the OT, or Lexham Syntax Graphs of the Greek New Testament, crashes Logos 4 (see log file for an instance of the Cascadia OT graphs crashing L4 below).

So far I have had no problems with the latest release. I tried out all of the resources mentioned above and had no problems. I wonder if it was the video game I played on my computer while Logos 4 was indexing that did the trick? Seriously, I wonder if it might be the version of Windows that makes the difference? I am running Windows 7, 64 bit version.

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:30 AM

WilliamEGordonJr:

Richard DeRuiter:

There are also several missing resources. These include: LXX Logos Morphology, 1000 Bible Images, Cascadia Syntax Graphis of the NT: Glossary; and probably others.

Attempting to access Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the OT, or Lexham Syntax Graphs of the Greek New Testament, crashes Logos 4 (see log file for an instance of the Cascadia OT graphs crashing L4 below).

So far I have had no problems with the latest release. I tried out all of the resources mentioned above and had no problems. I wonder if it was the video game I played on my computer while Logos 4 was indexing that did the trick? Seriously, I wonder if it might be the version of Windows that makes the difference? I am running Windows 7, 64 bit version.

I am also running Windwos 7 64bit. I am using Home Premium. I downloaded the engine and then copied the rest of the software from another computer. I was one of the beta testers.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:31 PM

I was on the Beta and am having the problem. Did I read someone who was on Beta and did a complete re-install and it's fine? I did a completely fresh install on my new notebook and have the problem.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 1:00 PM

Ken,

I did a complete reinstall and finished this morning and it works fine.

win 7

bob

Robert Pavich

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 1:56 PM

The issue has been acknowledged by Logos - see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8660.aspx

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1350
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 2:50 PM

Dave Hooton:

Ray ***:
Did the date "bug" only surfice for those that have previously had beta software installed? 

I think so, especially those in the 'secret' 4.0 beta.

I was in the private beta program, but Logos 4 works on one of my machine but not the other.  I think it works on the one which I installed from the beta DVD, and not on the one which I downloaded the very first beta.

Posts 3676
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:20 PM

My symptoms continue unabated... of course, I haven't rebooted the laptop for a few days (only "sleeping" it... if I can logosify a word.Wink)

Reboot hasn't helped. I'll wait until Logos arrives tomorrow to decide what to do, unless someone has counsel that'll for sure correct the problems.

(Biblical People/Places/Things grayed out in all PG/MPG reports, missing interlinears, etc.)

Waiting in peace (& running L3).

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 7:43 PM

Robert Pavich:

Ken,

win 7

bob

Robert,

I decided to follow your route.  I am downloading 9GB right now. Smile

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Fred Greco:

Robert Pavich:

Ken,

The complete reinstall likely works because it has the side-effect of deleting the license file; you should be able to work around the problem much more simply by following the instructions at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/8660/69429.aspx#69429

This problem just affects users who participated in the Logos 4 beta test; there do not appear to be any other problems caused by downloading and installing 4.0a SR-2 and the reverse interlinear updates (yet... Wink)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:11 AM

Bradley Grainger:
The complete reinstall likely works because it has the side-effect of deleting the license file; you should be able to work around the problem much more simply by following the instructions at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/8660/69429.aspx#69429

Bradley...just where were you 24 hours ago??? Angry Big Smile

Robert Pavich

Posts 98
Henry Finkle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:53 AM
Hey glad to now it was just a date & license problem and nothing really big.Smile I didn't have the problem so I couldn't test it but it did surprise me that it took so long for someone to test the thing with the date. I did mention it earlier in this thread. Oh well, better late than neverBig Smile
Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:10 AM

Bradley Grainger:

Fred Greco:

Robert Pavich:

Ken,

This problem just affects users who participated in the Logos 4 beta test; there do not appear to be any other problems caused by downloading and installing 4.0a SR-2 and the reverse interlinear updates (yet... Wink)

Bradley,

As you suspected, the complete reinstall worked.  However, for some reason I still have the following Lexham Greek files in the "Resource Manager/Downloaded" folder:

LexhamSGGNT.lbssyn
LexhamSGGNT.lbxclv
LEXGLOSSARY.logos4

They do not appear in my "Resource Manager/Resources" folder.

Any idea?

Fred Greco

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:18 AM

Bradley Grainger:

So given that I wiped my machine at 4.0a why am I having the problems

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:45 AM

DominicM:

Bradley Grainger:

So given that I wiped my machine at 4.0a why am I having the problems

I don't know.  A complete wipe and reinstall fixed the issues for me.

Fred Greco

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:01 AM

I'm a little confused. I never participated in the beta. Was the NASB95 released with interlinear abilities(in the last patch) outside of the beta program?

If so mine still doesn't have interlinear abilities... I have deleted indexes, uninstalled, cleaned the reg and reinstalled twice since 01/01/2010. NASB95 no-interlinear. Oh and when I cut and paste into a note doc when there is something already in the field L4 crashes (it seems to happen only when pasting before the existing content.) This latter pasting event wasn't happening before 01/01/2010.

Thanks

Page 4 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS