text comparison question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 82
Jim Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 8 2014 8:49 AM

I find text comparison a helpful feature. I have it in "follow" mode so that I can take a quick glance at how other translators translate a given word or phrase. One issue I have with it is that it follows verse by verse until I go to the next chapter or a book (such as a commentary) which discusses a sequence of verses in that chapter, then the text comparison page includes all verses for the section or chapter and is no longer a useful comparison for verse by verse; just another open text. Is there a way to get it to stay on single verse comparison when this type of transition takes place? 

Posts 10035
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 11:28 AM

I suspect 'Follow' is hard-coded to whatever you're looking at (meaning it's coded to respond to a broad grouping of possibilities).

Have you tried a specific link set (e.g. 'A')?  I don't know which commentary you're using.  Some are verse-based and some are verse-group based. I'm guessing my idea won't be a solution.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 3:58 PM

Jim Crouch:
Is there a way to get it to stay on single verse comparison when this type of transition takes place?

No.  Caution: Text Comparison follow can cause Logos 5 to become unresponsive if Bible location becomes a Book with many chapters: e.g. Genesis.

Linking Text Comparison to a Bible allows scrolling in Bible to change Text Comparison location one verse at a time.  However, now have to scroll Bible and Commentary separately.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 50
Darrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:18 PM

This may not be exactly what your wanting Jim, but I find turning off the feature of "following" in a text comparison tab and just typing in the reference I want be it a single verse or a range of verses more helpful. But for a quick look at my top 5 versions for comparison purposes of any verse or reference I see on my layout can be done no faster than with the F7 key, it's quiet useful for that purpose,,

Dell Lap Top Win 10_Home,  Logos 7,    

Samsung gs7 phone

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS