Acer Aspire Switch 10 is garbage!

Page 1 of 4 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 79 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:02 PM

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/129206-acer-aspire-switch-10-review 

This review above is very generous.  I went into Best Buy to look at this thing...and in a couple of words...

It's garbage.

The track pad is off kilter (too far to the left) and the screen bezel is too indented all the way around for seemingly no apparent reason.  
Worse, it tips over easily and the magnetic keyboard connection to screen some have lauded is laugh inducing.  It often misses entirely.

If they gave me one of these at the door for free on my way out, I would have said "no thanks".

Buyer beware - avoid!  

Logos will not like this cheap Windows Tablet knockoff.  What a disappointment!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:18 PM

Why are you wasting forum space with your rant? It has no business here.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:56 PM

I don't see it as a rant. Rather a celebration. He found something he considers to be worse that the Surface Pro.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:02 PM

Paul C:

I don't see it as a rant. Rather a celebration. He found something he considers to be worse that the Surface Pro.

You wouldn't go post about Logos Bible software on Tom's Hardware website, would you?

..............Friday night in the big town!.............

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:05 PM

Paul C:
!

Big Smile I was thinking the same thing.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 7511
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:10 PM

Joseph Turner:

Paul C:
!

Big Smile I was thinking the same thing.

So the Surface Pro is not good, is that what y'all are saying?

DAL

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:12 PM

Who cares?

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:19 PM

DAL:
So the Surface Pro is not good, is that what y'all are saying?
Josh bought one of the original Surface Pros. They were famous for overheating and terrible battery life. So hot in fact, they actually melted some components. >>>>To appear to be commenting on Logos, The tablet runs too hot to use for extended searching.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:20 PM

Again, Who cares?

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:22 PM

I care!

While it might have been helpful for Josh to explain in more details how Logos runs on the Acer Aspire, his post is relevant to this forum since many of us plan or already use Windows tablets for run Logos.

Logos is software but it runs on hardware.

I also believe that even if what Josh wrote was totally out of place, there is a way to communicate it that avoids being rude (rudeness usually leads to the opposite of the desired effect).

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:25 PM

Alain Maashe:

Logos is software but it runs on hardware.

Logos runs great on the iPad 2 with 64GB.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:33 PM

Super.Tramp:

Great to know, maybe you could help me by showing me how to perform complex morphological searches or alternatively simply run the exegetical guide offline. Your iPad 2 with 64GB must be something else since my iPad 3 with 32 GB cannot do that while my Surface Pro 2 does it effortlessly online or offline.

There is something about not bring a mobile app to a full-fledged software fight...

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:40 PM

Super.Tramp:

Why are you wasting forum space with your rant? It has no business here.

Super.Tramp:
Oh, Now it's not a waste of time since you can bring your hardware of choice into the discussion?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:42 PM

Alain Maashe:

There is something about not bring a mobile app to a full-fledged software fight...

My Acer Aspire laptop can run Logos 5 just fine, thank you.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:46 PM

Paul C:

Oh, Now it's not a waste of time since you can bring your hardware of choice into the discussion?

What's the matter? Can't stand someone else being as irrelevant as you?

Posts 29653
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:49 PM

I lean towards Super Tramp's view that we've had too much hardware discussion unrelated to Logos in the forums recently. But I have a somewhat different motivation - I'm tired of reading complaints, rants, unfounded fears, financial concerns . . . clutter in the forums on topics not even remotely related to Logos. If I want to read these topics I know what media outlets and websites will give me a heavy dose. It's enough to make a girl want to paraphrase Sgt. Joe Friday, "Just the facts, sir, the relevant facts"

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:53 PM

These types of tablets with laptop bases have all of their "guts" in the tablet; that's why they tip over. It's one of the trade-offs to using this form factor.

I wouldn't expect the trackpad on a computer in this price range to be good. If you want a good trackpad that works as it should, buy a Macbook Air or Pro.

I also take demo units with a grain of salt. Demo units get abused because so many people handle them.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:54 PM

MJ. Smith:
I lean towards Super Tramp's view
If you truly see his point of view, I would expect  your next post to be promoting your particular mobile favorite. Big Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:57 PM

Paul C:
If you truly see his point of view, I would expect  your next post to be promoting your particular mobile favorite. Big Smile

Oh don't be so touchy everyone, don't you know every Friday night the forums get a little crazy?

Posts 7511
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 8:08 PM

Super.Tramp:

Paul C:

Oh don't be so touchy everyone, don't you know every Friday night the forums get a little crazy?

Plus, it's Friday 13th...add to that the full moon we have.  Well, it was at its greatest peak around 12:05am earlier today and now you can't even see it because of the clouds and the rain; at least here in South Florida.

DAL

Page 1 of 4 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS