Acer Aspire Switch 10 is garbage!

Page 4 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 79 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 3:31 PM

JoshInRI:
(2GB of ram is simply not enough).  I hope someone will buy this dud and let me know how Logos runs....I wish that person well with it.
That is what many of us thought concerning the original surface pro. Turns out you were the one who bought that dud and reported back to us. I have to challenge your assertion that 2GB  ram isn't enough to run Logos. If all you are running is Logos, 2GB is sufficient. If you plan to multitask, It would not be. Personally, I don't multitask on a tablet. It is primarily for Logos. (As of late, I do keep OneNote open also. I can't see that the addition of OneNote affects the performance at all.)

Posts 28478
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 3:59 PM

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 4:02 PM

2GB is not ideal, but Logos does run very well on my tablet with virtually the same specs as the Aspire Switch. And, Logos is installed on a microSD, not the internal drive.

You have to experience it before you can say it doesn't run well.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 4:22 PM

I searched the entire library for "love" on my desktop with 24GB Ram >>> 1.04 sec. The Venue tablet with 2GB Ram >>> 1.83 sec. I think that's fair performance. Way quicker than I am. Big Smile 

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:11 PM

JoshInRI:

...I will not be "switching" to this dud.  I "aspire" to better hardware.

Yes. That is obvious from the Dud That You Did Buy. Do your friends call you Dudley?

Posts 2588
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:21 PM

That picture looks like where the original "review" and the language belongs.

A reviewer who can't use measured language, and who cannot see the potential validity in other people's opinions based on their real life experience, is (at least) in danger of spreading misinformation.

The whole thing about detractors who are against the post because it's talking about hardware or because of one word "garbage" -- a smokescreen.

Posts 2084
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 6:48 PM

Since it has been mentioned several times in this thread, I will point out again that, despite Josh's initial review of the Surface Pro, I bought one and I couldn't be happier with it.  It is exactly what I wanted, although it would be nice if Logos 5 were optimized for touch.  It heats up some, but nothing like what was described in Josh's experience.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 7:55 PM

Are you implying that Josh's reviews lean toward the negative end of the spectrum? Surprise

Posts 2084
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:26 PM

Paul C:

Are you implying that Josh's reviews lean toward the negative end of the spectrum? Surprise

I am explicitly stating that my experience has been different than his.  Stick out tongue

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:35 PM

Joseph Turner:

Paul C:

I am explicitly stating that my experience has been different than his.  Stick out tongue

Funny how the reviewer that did not install Logos called the hardware "garbage" while the reviewer that did install Logos has a more positive review. Which review is more objective?    

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:44 PM

Super.Tramp:
Funny how the reviewer that did not install Logos called the hardware "garbage" while the reviewer that did install Logos has a more positive review. Which review is more objective?    

We are speaking of a different machine here. ... The surface pro. Josh does indeed have one and has tested Logos on it.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:49 PM

Paul C:

We are speaking of a different machine here. ... The surface pro. Josh does indeed have one and has tested Logos on it.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Funny how JoshinRI had a negative review of the Surface Pro while Joseph has a more positive review.   Is Josh always so negative?

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:52 PM

I put that thought forward above. Smile

Posts 2084
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:00 PM

I think Josh did end up liking the Surface Pro, but it doesn't seem to be everything that he wanted, as he seems to be still looking.  He initially had heating issues that he could not live with, which I believe he said got hot enough to be uncomfortable to the touch.  I have not experienced anything like that, and even though I can find on the internet people who say it gets pretty warm, the general consensus seems to be that it does not get too hot for most people, assuming that it is working normally.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:02 PM

Paul C:

I put that thought forward above. Smile

OK. You win.  Big Smile              Its not Friday night anymore.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:09 PM

God Bless You, Matthew. I'll see you next Friday. Big Smile

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:16 PM

Joseph; did you try Mouse Without Borders?

Posts 2084
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:35 PM

I have not had a chance to look at it.  The idea is great, but I don't think I would have a current use for it.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:39 PM

Ok...God Bless...Have a great weekend.

Posts 2084
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:44 PM

You too!

Page 4 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS