SUGGESTION: Eisenbrauns Series -- Siphrut: Literature and Theology of the Hebrew Scriptures

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 10 2014 5:48 AM

David Paul:

This series by Eisenbrauns has many valuable resources in it and should be offered by Logos as soon as possible. Please provide us with a significant bulk purchase discount. Yes

I would order this. Yes

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 9:12 PM

Sixth title...

Esther: The Outer Narrative and the Hidden Reading by Jonathan Grossman

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 12 2014 1:02 PM

The seventh title from Siphrut...

From Fratricide to Forgiveness: The Language of Ethics and Anger in Genesis by Matthew R. Schlimm

Well reviewed book...looking forward to reading it in Logos.

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 8:35 AM

Eighth title in this Old Testament series...

The Rhetoric of Remembrance: An Investigation of the "Fathers" in Deuteronomy by Jerry Hwang

The concept of "the fathers" has significant prophetic importance, so it will be interesting to see what kind of insight this study has.

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 5:14 AM

Number 9...Number 9...Number 9...Number 9...

In the Beginning: Essays on Creation Motifs in the Bible and the Ancient Near East by Bernard F. Batto

The prophetic significance of the pagan traditions is not well understood. Looking forward to reading this in prep for my book Monsters of Prophecy...available for purchase...um, Time...three or four years from now, hopefully. 

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:54 PM

Tenth one in the series...

Run, David, Run!: An Investigation of the Theological Speech Acts of David's Departure and Return (2 Samuel 14-20) by Steven T. Mann

Author builds a case for the story of David's flight from Absalom being primarily theological as opposed to merely historical narrative (not that he would suggest it isn't historical). I would (surprise, surprise!) say it's not so much theological as it is prophetic...because...everything in the Book is prophetic. But the point is...this guy isn't stuck in the "genre" mumbo-jumbo that "it's history...to be read as history". Christians lap up this kind of drivel like it's ice cream...but they need to remember one thing...

...in the Tanakh, "the Histories" are called "the Former PROPHETS". Christians tend to think they are so much smarter than what has gone before, so they "improved" things by calling them histories, and then created a whole genre by that title. Tongue Tied Embarrassed

So, yeah, he's on the right track...it's theological...because YHWH speaks (and, for that matter, acts) in prophecy.

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 20 2014 8:03 AM

Second to last...eleventh...in series...

From the Depths of Despair to the Promise of Presence: A Rhetorical Reading of the Book of Joel by Joel Barker

Day of YHWH...what's not to love!!

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 22 2014 12:02 PM

The last in a great series...

Forming God: Diving Anthropomorphism in the Pentateuch by Anne K. Knafl

A very interesting and important topic.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 22 2014 12:20 PM

David Paul:

The last in a great series...

Forming God: Diving Anthropomorphism in the Pentateuch by Anne K. Knafl

A very interesting and important topic.

I knew that couldn't be correct:  Forming God:  Divine Anthropomorphism in the Pentateuch by Anne K. Knafl.  Minor typo, but it might be confusing.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 22 2014 10:04 PM

Thanks.

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 10:36 PM

The author of the most important book Logos doesn't current offer...number five in this superb series...recently left a comment in this thread, which was the motivation that lead me starting this thread. This is an excellent reason for me to bump this request again to have this series offered in PrePub ASAP...as in ASAP.

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 25 2014 6:24 PM

I would really really really really like to see this offered in PrePub. Soon. It's Eisenbraun's...they're already in Logos...this shouldn't take more than a couple of phone calls or a few emails. Please.

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:14 PM

My 2015 resolution is to bid on this series in Prepub. I plan on keeping my end of the bargain, Logos. Now, you just need to make it available. You've got 3 weeks to get it done. Should be easy.

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 7:52 AM

Still want NEED this collection. Please make it so.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 9:15 AM

Added to the Master list for you :-) (see tab 2014)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVIbMyCNDJjDglWJ0ZIpR42dvDiHrEIH_XiwZ3mVNEw/

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 9:04 AM

Have had some recent Eisenbrauns releases added to PrePub...let's get this one in the cooker. Please.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 9:37 AM

David Paul:

Have had some recent Eisenbrauns releases added to PrePub...let's get this one in the cooker. Please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0szHqIXQ2R8 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 4:14 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!!

One of the this series is now in PrePub. I am still hoping the whole series will be offered together, but seeing this volume available is very encouraging!!

https://www.logos.com/product/49620/the-land-of-canaan-and-the-destiny-of-israel-theologies-of-territory-in-the-hebrew-bible

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2015 11:29 AM

As much as I want the title that is currently on offer at the link in the previous post, what I really want is the entire series of which it is a part. When this book was first put on PrePub, I was anticipating that all of the remaining books in the series would follow suit. That hasn't happened yet. I hope that will change soon...and I would like for someone at FL to give some kind of update as to what in the world is going on here. Offering just a single title from this series, important as it is, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. This series is chock full of profound prophetic topics and, in my view, it is the most important acquisition for Logos at this time.

RSVP

Posts 5010
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 19 2015 11:08 AM

Bump.

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS