Let's see if we can get this down to $24

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9964
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 2:21 AM

mike:

1. if you want the book, just bid to the max (furthest right) and go to sleep. no need to change or worry about the bid.

2. otherwise if you just want to help the book to pass, then bid at 100% line and cancel later at production time.

simple.

Not really. If you "want it" you may realize that Community Pricing is a collaborative effort. The max bid of even a sizable number of bidders will usually not be enough for a reasonable percentage. Thus you may want to:

• tell others about this resource and why this resource is so desirable,
  • make sure a "promotion thread" exists and is kept alive,
  • post a review on the product page 

All this has the potential to attract more bidders and thus to have the resource cross the line at all/much earlier than otherwise. 

Also, bidding max may not be prudent even if you are willing to pay it. It may mean that the maximum or a very high price point is establishing as the going price (which has happened before, and is likely since some who think as in your #1 will find it and bid fast, and then others who think as in your #2 will bid without considering the price and thus fixing the going rate even though they don't intend to pay it).

If this going price in the eyes of many potential bidders is absolutely far out, they will be scared away and not bid at all. It may take a long time to get the resource into production (has happened with CCaS Revelation).

Thus, bidding what one is ready to pay for the resource, considering the CP process in doing so, is the simple and intended approach.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10115
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 8:46 AM

No offense to Bruce, but titles like 'Let's get this one down' doesn't really speak to how you get the price down .... more bidders at or above the breakeven point.   Presumably if there's a chunk of below-breakeven bidders (the line bends above the lower price points), then maybe.

But the key is to 'sell' more bidders ...  (a) what resource/package people may loose out on, and (b) what's unusual about it. This also does a favor to dopies like me, who don't regularly check CP offerings.

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:00 PM

Denise:
But the key is to 'sell' more bidders ...  (a) what resource/package people may loose out on, and (b) what's unusual about it. This also does a favor to dopies like me, who don't regularly check CP offerings.

That's what I want to hear.

• If I don't bid, what am I losing out on?
  • Which classics are contained in the CP bundle?

I need persuaded.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:49 PM

Denise:
No offense to Bruce, but titles like 'Let's get this one down' doesn't really speak to how you get the price down .... more bidders at or above the breakeven point.  

Sorry Denise. I will try to do better next time. I never originally intended that this would become a discussion on how CP works or strategies to employ. I was just trying to remind people to take a look. In the future I'll try to be more specific.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 4:17 AM

Now is the time for a few more of us to raise our bid to $27. If you do the resource will probably go down to $24 but time is running out. It is so close. Act quickly!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 6:16 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Now is the time for a few more of us to raise our bid to $27. If you do the resource will probably go down to $24 but time is running out. It is so close. Act quickly!

mission accomplished!

Posts 9964
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 6:21 AM

Bruce Dunning:

https://www.logos.com/product/40122/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-mark-upgrade

Today it crossed 100% at $30 but I think that $24 is totally possible. We just need a few more bids.

Good job, Bruce!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10115
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 7:34 AM

Bruce ... no apologies to me .... I just couldn't make the comment without inherently offending.  Your interest in the collection is what's most important ... and money saving too!

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:27 AM

Great news! Thanks everyone.

Denise:
Bruce ... no apologies to me .... I just couldn't make the comment without inherently offending.  

Sorry for apologizing......Oops Tongue Tied

I can't help apologizing...after all.....I'm Canadian! Big Smile

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS