SUGGESTION: Note icon/highlighting default

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31965
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 15 2014 11:39 PM

The default MUST be by Note file not system wide. For example, I have two note files open - one to add references for unidentified sources, the second file is my questions/note/tasks. The first is to be a permanent document to be shared with other users. As such it must be absolutely predictable to avoid interfering with other users conventions. If there are other functions for which permanent, shared Note files created they must have their own fixed identifier.

The current implementation is as unsatisfactory as footnotes sometimes being superscripts, sometimes subscripts in the same document i.e. not thought out with regards to shared files necessarily having shared conventions. 4 additional keystrokes per note is not acceptable.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24549
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 16 2014 12:34 AM

MJ. Smith:
The default MUST be by Note file not system wide

Agreed - having notes indicators selectable on a per notes-document basis would be very helpful

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 16 2014 3:48 AM

Yes

Posts 9561
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 16 2014 5:37 AM

This would be very helpful.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5103
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:01 PM

I suggest, explicitly, what MJ probably intends: a system-wide default (set by the user) that can be changed on a per document basis (by the user).

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 17 2014 8:32 AM

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5
Dan Brubaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 7:20 AM

I would really like to see this implemented as well! I was just attempting to do this and realized that the current system is unable...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS