CP: Classic Commentaries and Studies on Mark Upgrade (24 vols.) - closing on 20th - can we get the price down more

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 677
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 16 2014 1:30 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/40122/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-mark-upgrade

Closing this week - I'm sure by the look of the bidding we can get the price down further

Shalom Kevin

Posts 65
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 16 2014 2:23 AM

Yes

At least down to $24. That's where I put my bid at. It looks like it might make that. Yes

Posts 677
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 17 2014 4:20 AM

bump

Posts 1809
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 17 2014 5:09 AM

what's so special about this collection?

Posts 2138
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 4:02 PM

mike:

That is was closing, went back to CP, and is now closing again - at $27 this time, but possibly dropping to $24 again.

It also contains a number of German resources, which is still a somewhat rare commodity in Logos.

Overall, it looks like a good deal.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 742
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 4:33 PM

I just recieved an email from Logos to tell me that my $24 bid might fail.  But when I visit the community pricing link, the bidding is frozen!!  I am unable to raise my bid to $27.   Sad

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 6:21 PM

David A Egolf:

I just recieved an email from Logos to tell me that my $24 bid might fail.  But when I visit the community pricing link, the bidding is frozen!!  I am unable to raise my bid to $27.   Sad

I'm in the same position and I'm guessing this is because it is included in a package we have previously paid for. I tired to see if I could find evidence of this but was unable.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 742
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 10:14 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I'm in the same position and I'm guessing this is because it is included in a package we have previously paid for. I tired to see if I could find evidence of this but was unable.

I called Logos support last night and they said that I had bid $24 when the resource had been offered as a pre-pub.  They said the $24 price would be honored.  However, it does not show up in my account as either a pre-pub or a community price resource.  I guess I will have to trust the support person.

Posts 199
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 12:58 PM

David A Egolf:

I called Logos support last night and they said that I had bid $24 when the resource had been offered as a pre-pub.  They said the $24 price would be honored.  However, it does not show up in my account as either a pre-pub or a community price resource.  I guess I will have to trust the support person.

Hi David,

That support person is correct, you will be getting this product when it goes live. 

I will try my best to make a long story short.  Because this was previously on Pre-Pub, and then later revived, it does not display for users who ordered it the first time around.  We did not adequately plan for this scenario.  I do apologize for the confusion.

Any user who is not sure that they will get this product when it goes live should contact Faithlife Support at customersupport@faithlife.com or 1-800-875-6467, just like you did, and we will gladly check on it.

Posts 199
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 1:04 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Hi Bruce, I can confirm that you will also get this product when it goes live, just like David.

Posts 2170
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 1:55 PM

Dirt cheap any way you look at it. About $1.12 at the price marked per book

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2138
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 2:42 PM

mab:

Dirt cheap any way you look at it. About $1.12 at the price marked per book

Let's try to get it to $24. One dollar per book would be really nice.

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1491
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 8:20 AM

mike:

I, too, would like to know if there is a stand out commentary in this collection.

Posts 770
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 9:06 AM

It's the question I always ask myself about these old CP offerings. The main criterion I use to figure out if I want to bid is whether any of the books are cited by any author I myself might cite.

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 9:39 AM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Bruce Dunning:

Hi Bruce, I can confirm that you will also get this product when it goes live, just like David.

Thanks. I thought that was the case.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2138
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 1:05 PM

It even made it to the $24 tier, probably last minute before the deadline. Big Smile Well done everyone!

Posts 2170
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 5 2019 12:38 PM

Yay, I saved a whole $2.88. For something else in Logos. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS