Logos Library Reporter

Page 2 of 7 (138 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 137 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 20 2014 8:30 PM

Dave Hooton:
The report with more details is the best.

The number of details is set by the user, they will just use the checkboxes to identify which details they want in the report.

Still cleaning up and testing the changes, haven't had time to get back to completing the webpage and add stuff for installation of the program.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:38 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
But all the data from "Logos version" are false (all books in your library)?

steve clark:

Sorry....

Is having each title's Version number that critical in a report?

Found a way to fix this. See example  report below (my book version may not match yours, but check my LastUpdated date for when i updated my Library). Never-the-less, all books will now have accurate Versions now.

Click on image to view the report

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:57 AM

i also added the generation of a CSV file (for use in a spreadsheet, e.g. Excel) when you generate a report on All books by Logos Type. It is automatically added to the program's My Reports folder.

Click on image below to view

(if you want to download it and open it in Excel, click on the link to the right)  CSV file

EDIT: i plan on adding this ability to one other report (All Books as found in Logos Catalog DB)

EDIT2: after opening your CSV in Excel, you can make changes to enhance it's appearance and then save it as an Excel file (.xlsx)

Click on image below to view

Posts 7772
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:17 AM

steve clark:
So if you are interested in using this program, then post a Thumb's-Up Reply to this post.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 7:51 PM

Found a way to show  Hidden books that are not shown in your Library. This will be a new report in the program LLReporter.

Click on image below to view the report

Posts 2164
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 7:55 PM

Why not turn the code over to the devs, and make it a new feature?

FWIW, I think you should be remunerated appropriately for this. More than a token sum, I should think.

Posts 40
Naveen Balakrishnan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:07 PM

Yes

Would love to see this made part of a feature in Logos.

Posts 12
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 2:54 PM

This could be a worthwhile tool.  I am interested!

Thank you.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 9:01 PM

OK, the Logos Library Reporter installer is active on the website.

• Please fully read this post before going to the website.
  • Please read the System Requirements (on the website, the link should open you to the Installation Tab where the System Requirements are located)
  • Please READ the Disclaimer before downloading/installing the program!!!
  • Click on this link to go to the website

After reading and agreeing with the disclaimer, scroll down to the Download & Installing section and click on the Reporter.zip link to download the zipped installer program (please follow the instructions to Download/Unzip/Install the program).

If you have questions or problems, PLEASE email me (don't use the forum for your problems, i don't check it very often). You will find an email address for me in the bottom right-corner of the webpage (see image below). Hover your mouse over the webpage's Contact link (admin) and right-click on the link & in the pop-up menu click COPY EMAIL ADDRESS. Then go to your email program and paste the email address into the TO: section of your email. Please be very descriptive of your problem. Include screen-shots of error messages in the email. Also you will find a log file in documents/Logos Lib Webpage/LogoLibReporter_Logfile.txt , please add it also to your email.

Hope that this works for you! Keep in mind that this has only be run on 2 computers (my Vista machine and my son's Win7 machine). So don't be surprise/discouraged if you run into problems. Remember i am a 1 man-development team Big Smile. So be patient with me & the program.

Please add a Reply to this post upon successfully installing and getting your first report generated. Please note what computer operating system you have (i.e. Windows7 or Vista or whatever). Thank you!

Posts 2516
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 10:31 PM

Hi Steve, and thanks for the program.

Installation issue (a small one): The program would not initially install due to a missing Visual Basic Lib. (Visual Basic Powerpack v10).

The fix: Obtaining the required component from Microsoft (VisualBasicPowerPacksSetup.exe).

Once the missing component was obtained and installed, the installation process was straightforward.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 11:07 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
The program would not initially install due to a missing Visual Basic Lib. (Visual Basic Powerpack v10).

Thanks!

i changed the manifest to include this library. The new version of the ZIP installer has been placed on the server.

Thank You again, excellent diagnostics Sir!

Posts 103
Roger G Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:50 PM

Program did not fully install on windows 8.1 error report popped up stating that the program could not determine if I had Logos 4 or 5.  I do have Logos 5 most recent.

Rog

Rog {BlueBird} Cool

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:59 PM

Roger G Black:
Program did not fully install on windows 8.1 error report popped up stating that the program could not determine if I had Logos 4 or 5.  I do have Logos 5 most recent.

Roger,

Could you look for the file:     Documents\Logos Lib Webpage\LogoLibReporter_Logfile.txt

it is a log file. Could you post it here? This error message occurs after installation, it would happen when the program first executes. It searches your registry for information on Logos. It first checks for Logos 5, if not found it next checks the registry for Logos 4. Info on what it found in the registry might be in the log file.

Posts 103
Roger G Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 3:10 PM

The log file has me confused.  This is a new laptop barely a month old and fresh install.  5807.LogoLibReporter_Logfile.txt

Rog {BlueBird} Cool

Posts 22546
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 3:19 PM

On Windows 8 when performing the initial copy of the catalog (Read DB box unchecked) I received an "unhandled" error that the resource manager DB could not be installed to a user sclark folder! After recovering the app I found the catalog had been copied to my user folder.  But with the Read DB box checked I got a Status message that the "ResMan DB was not found in working folder".

6874.LogoLibReporter_Logfile.txt

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 3:22 PM

Roger G Black:
The log file has me confused.

Hmmm, i did not anticipate this combination of a registry entry. i will need to think on this and modify my code to handle this situation.

Can we take this conversation to email? (please send me a short email and i will respond:  (removed to avoid spam-bots)

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 3:36 PM

Dave,

let me respond to you via the email that you sent me. It is easier that way.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:28 PM

Dave found a bug which will prevent the program from working for most of you.

Hope to have it fixed in a day or two, then i will put a notice up when it is fixed. In the meantime i will disable the download link in the website until i get it fixed.

Posts 2164
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 6:20 PM

I'm wondering if any devs are interested in reaching out to Steve here... Smile

Posts 8820
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:55 AM

You're almost making me wish for a PC.Smile

No, not really, but is there no Mac genius here who could do the same thing for Mac?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 2 of 7 (138 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.