J.B. Phillips' New Testament

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 69 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 96
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 11:41 AM

Yes

Posts 1690
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 3:36 PM

Allow me to extol the virtue of publicly posting an email address on one's Faithlife profile page. It allows others to communicate with you when the forums aren't appropriate.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 635
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 14 2018 11:17 AM

Yes

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 47
Chaoyu-Bian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 14 2018 9:29 PM

so how to tag this special verse?

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2018 2:31 PM

David Paul:
add "Your God Is Too Small" to the mix.

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2
Douglas Bachorik jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2019 4:36 PM

Yes - would love to see this in Logos. I keep my hardbound copy close to my desk - it is always a part of my survey through translations whenever I start work on a new NT passage.

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 8:16 AM

David Paul:

Pastor Rick:

Bump....

Please release this important translation.  To be honest, I am shocked that it is not already available considering how often it is quoted.

You took the "shock" right out of my mouth!

Let me huzzuh the previous "Four Prophets" suggestion and add "Your God Is Too Small" to the mix. In fact, why not bundle the three together...which leads me to ask:

Btw, couldn't this bundle be offered on CP?

Yes

A collection does sound good. I only knew of the paraphase. In many ways, it's a window into a perspective, like the targums. An interpretation worth exploring.

But googling away, I suspect the gentleman's struggles in life are even more valuable. One volume put together by his wife after his death, is a gem. His letters. Folks want doctrinal purity, but humanity is not so straight forward.

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2019 1:14 PM

I have all the books tagged, I got permission back in 2011 from uk publisher (am UK), should you get permission, or if you can prove copyright doesn't apply, happy to share my files

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2019 1:19 PM

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 7 2019 5:14 PM

Dominic, I’d love to get your digital file of Phillip’s NT if you’re willing to share. I own a hard copy of his works. Looks like some hard work tagging it! 

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS