You MUST bid on Witherington video course! *

Page 6 of 8 (158 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
This post has 157 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 5 2014 11:18 AM

This will probably tip to $50 within the hour, and though we can't see below that, the rush of "it's too cheap to pass up" last minute bidders has clearly kicked in. If $45 is remotely close, it will probably reach that mark in a couple of days. This could go for $40 or less if Logos sends out an email notice.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 5 2014 11:53 AM

David Paul:
If $45 is remotely close, it will probably reach that mark in a couple of days.

It can't reach that if Logos doesn't add more points on the scale to the left. That won't happen over the weekend, but hopefully someone at Logos is paying attention and on Monday or Tuesday we'll see the graph extended to lower prices.

Posts 754
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 5 2014 1:02 PM

Bids of $50 now could make it $45 by the time it is adjusted (if it is adjusted).

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 5 2014 1:38 PM

David A Egolf:

Bids of $50 now could make it $45 by the time it is adjusted (if it is adjusted).

Exactly...keep bidding, because all the bids placed at $50 will pull the $45 price point to the top.

In fact, if people keep bidding at this insanely awesome price of $50, we could see the price drop to $45 before Monday even gets here!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 5 2014 4:14 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/42481/logos-mobile-education-nt221-the-wisdom-of-john-a-socio-rhetorical-commentary-on-johannine-literature

For projected price to drop to $ 45, would need 11.15 % more bids of $ 45 or more.

If estimated production cost is $ 100,000 then 2,000 bids of $ 50 or more were needed to cover 100 % of cost.  For $ 55 projected price, 1,819 bids of $ 55 or more were needed.  Projected price drop from $ 55 to $ 50 reflects 9.95 % more bids of $ 50 or higher being placed.

Projected price of $ 50 is $ 3.846 per course unit, which includes 13 hours of video and Logos resource with transcription.

Searching Logos.com for "Logos Mobile Education" => https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Logos+Mobile+Education%22&start=&sort=pricelo&pageSize=30 finds courses plus some more.

Noticed Pastoral Counseling pre-publication of $ 239.95 needs many more pre-orders => https://www.logos.com/product/43447/logos-mobile-education-eric-l-johnson-pastoral-counseling-bundle  Dreaming of conversion to community pricing with pre-orders becoming bids

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1937
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 5:26 AM

I guess when some talk about doing the math, this is what they might be talking about?  Where did you get these figures from?  How does one know how much the estimated production cost could be. I know you wrote "IF".  But why did you choose $100,000 as the production cost?  How do you know your figures are good estimates?  I am simply attempting to understand it when people write about "doing the math".  Is there some hidden blog which gives the cost of production and the amount of bidders at a certain price?  Is this information available to us?

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 7:07 AM

The procedures don't change and so the percentages remain proportional even if the actual figures aren't exact.

With $50 emerging to sit on top of the line, it's pretty certain that $45 is being sucked up in its wake. If $50 can clear the line, $45 should kick in soon thereafter if not before. Keep bidding.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 8:19 AM

David Paul:
With $50 emerging to sit on top of the line, it's pretty certain that $45 is being sucked up in its wake. If $50 can clear the line, $45 should kick in soon thereafter if not before.

I have seen charts before that clearly appear to "suck up" a lower price to the left of the chart labels, but the strike price remains the lowest label on the chart. Lots more people can bid $50 (which they should) but it won't actually lower the strike price to $45 until and unless Logos expands the chart to the left (which they should).

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 9:09 AM

In that case, it is probably already at $45 and closing in on $40...get those bids in now so that when the chart is adjusted, we can start thinking about $35!!

BID!!

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:53 AM

David Paul:
.get those bids in now so that when the chart is adjusted

If the chart is adjusted

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 11:24 AM

Bob Pritchett:

I have access to the internal Community Pricing numbers. I know that if this course gets the same number of bids as our most popular CP titles... it could go for a lot less than $50!

Let's hope Bob makes good on his promise and the graph gets adjusted to prices lower than $50.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 12:02 PM

I can't ever recall Logos not lowering the chart once it has been brought to their attention. I'm sure it will be taken care of first thing West Coast time.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 12:04 PM

David Paul:
With $50 emerging to sit on top of the line, ...

To drop projected price from $ 50 to $ 45, many more bids are needed.  If $ 50 dot has 111.125 % progress (or more), then $ 45 dot would clear 100 % line.  Progress of 111.125% would show as dot well above the 100 % line; actually closer to 120 % line.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 6:54 PM

I have emailed Ray Deck, as he's been so kind as to invite us to email him if we need to bring a product to his attention. And he's been very responsive in the past, so I'm sure we'll see this chart adjusted on Monday as long as Ray isn't on vacation or out sick. (Now that I've done it, no need for everyone else to as well.)

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 7 2014 7:41 AM

Yay, that was quick! Ray came through. Look at the chart now:

It's now down to $47 and could conceivably go down to $44 within the next day or two, and $41 by week's end. Any holdouts still willing to pay $40 or so for this (a little over $3/hour for 13 hours of seminary-level teaching)? Bid now or forever hold your peace.

https://www.logos.com/product/42481/logos-mobile-education-nt221-the-wisdom-of-john-a-socio-rhetorical-commentary-on-johannine-literature 

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:14 AM

Rosie Perera:
Yay, that was quick! Ray came through. Look at the chart now:

I was confident he would! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 754
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:52 AM

This thread needs to stay near the top of the active threads until Friday noon.  Anyone who intends to vote on this CP needs to do it now! 

Bid your best price now and don't wait until Thursday. 

Everyone who is balking is keeping the price higher than it needs to be.  A surge at the end loses potential bidders.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 11:17 AM

David A Egolf:

This thread needs to stay near the top of the active threads until Friday noon.  Anyone who intends to vote on this CP needs to do it now! 

Everyone who is balking is keeping the price higher than it needs to be.  A surge at the end loses potential bidders.

Exactly. If you wait until it's about to close, you are shooting yourself in the foot. A bid placed now could result in this closing $3-6 cheaper than it might otherwise. Your bid today has time to motivate others to also bid, which keeps the downward momentum rolling. Waiting to bid serves no purpose and has a significant downside. Bid now.

Posts 175
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 11:47 AM

David Paul:

David A Egolf:

Exactly. If you wait until it's about to close, you are shooting yourself in the foot. A bid placed now could result in this closing $3-6 cheaper than it might otherwise. Your bid today has time to motivate others to also bid, which keeps the downward momentum rolling. Waiting to bid serves no purpose and has a significant downside. Bid now.

Well said, both of you!

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 12:01 PM

I agree with the last few posters.

Also, you don't have to bid what is the current going price ($47). Even a lower bid like $44 will help drag the price down. So if you're wavering on the edge, thinking $47 is just a bit too high for you, go for a lower bid. You'll help move the line on the chart up a bit and that will encourage more bidders to join in, which can surely bring the price down to what you bid before the end of the week so you'll get the course. And if the price doesn't come down to what you were willing to pay, no harm done, because only those who bid the final price or higher will be charged and get the course. So there's NO RISK to you. Go ahead and bid the max you're willing to pay, up to $47. (No point now in bidding higher than that.)

Page 6 of 8 (158 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS