What is Biblia.com?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 32
EnochBethany | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 28 2014 6:49 PM

I just bought Logos 5.  Now I have come across Biblia.com. Is this part of Logos?  It looks like my library that I bought is also on Biblia.com.

Posts 1986
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 28 2014 7:26 PM

Biblia,com is part of logos.  When you sign into Biblia.com, the resources you own will appear there.  So wherever you are, if you have an internet connection, you can get access to your Logos Library.  Biblia.com is someone limited in what it can do.  It does not have all the features available in the actual Logos program.  But it will give you access to most of your resources when signed in.

Posts 5572
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 28 2014 7:34 PM

EnochBethany:

I just bought Logos 5.  Now I have come across Biblia.com. Is this part of Logos?  It looks like my library that I bought is also on Biblia.com.

Just to clarify what's already been said:

There are some resources Logos does not have the rights to put online at Biblia.com. For example the 1984 NIV (even if you own it - Biblica (not Biblia, notice the difference) does not allow Logos to sell the NIV84 anymore). There are a few other examples, most are from previous contracts that were made before something like Biblia was even an idea.

Also, Reverse Interlinears, or regular interlinears aren't available on line either. I believe this has to do with the limitations of present this kind of material in an HTML environment.

There are some other limitations as well, though I don't know of a place where these might be listed.

But the vast majority of a typical library can be accessed at Biblia.com

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 29 2014 9:16 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Also, Reverse Interlinears, or regular interlinears aren't available on line either. I believe this has to do with the limitations of present this kind of material in an HTML environment.

Nothing to do with the limitations of an HTML environment. (Really, there are no (within reason!) limits on what one can do using web technologies these days) It's just that logos hasn't yet seen fit to deploy said capabilities.

Certainly, the vast majority of a typical library can be accessed at Biblia.com. I for one use it as the exclusive means of accessing my content.

Posts 5572
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 30 2014 6:22 AM

Nicholas van Oudtshoorn:
Nothing to do with the limitations of an HTML environment. (Really, there are no (within reason!) limits on what one can do using web technologies these days) It's just that logos hasn't yet seen fit to deploy said capabilities.

I really don't know. However, I intended my comment to suggest it was difficult, not impossible. It was bad choice of words on my part.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS