Anchor Bible Commentary: Koester on Revelation

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 2 2014 2:29 PM

Amazon has this coming out at the end of September here, but either way, I would love to see this released in Logos somewhere close to the paper release date.  I am listening to his Great Courses:  The Apocaylpse:  Controversies and Meaning in Western History, and it is really good.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 2:37 PM

I would also like to see his Revelation and the End of All Things.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 2:42 PM

Joseph Turner:
 I am listening to his Great Courses:  The Apocaylpse:  Controversies and Meaning in Western History

I listen to the Great Courses too. Haven't bought this one yet. I do mostly art, music, literature, philosophy, and science ones.

Joseph Turner:

Yes

I have this in paper and would love to have it in Logos too. Great book!

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 6:56 PM

Rosie Perera:
I listen to the Great Courses too. Haven't bought this one yet. I do mostly art, music, literature, philosophy, and science ones.

I was actually looking for it on DVD, and I found it used on Amazon for a decent price, but I realized that I could get the audio free from audible.com with a 30 day trial.  It is broken up into 30 minute lectures, and the ones on chapters six and seven were great.

Posts 566
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:47 PM

Joseph Turner:

Amazon has this coming out at the end of September here, but either way, I would love to see this released in Logos somewhere close to the paper release date.  I am listening to his Great Courses:  The Apocaylpse:  Controversies and Meaning in Western History, and it is really good.

I would buy this resource in Logos.

Logos 8.1.0.0016 + Faithlife Connect | macOS Mojave 10.14.2 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 8:49 AM

I wanted to add this here for those who are interested.  I found course audio on the Revelation by Koester free on the Luther Seminary website.

There is also a Genesis to Revelation course that he teaches which is available.  I have not listened to any of this one, but I assume it is at least interesting.

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:26 AM

I would like to see both of Koester's works on Revelation in Logos!

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 9:14 AM

Rosie Perera:

Joseph Turner:

Yes

I have this in paper and would love to have it in Logos too. Great book!

I just noticed that this is available for purchase from Logos.  Does anyone know when this happened?  I never saw it on Pre-pub.  

Also, his Anchor Bible Commentary volume on Revelation is also available as of this week!

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 9:44 AM

Joseph Turner:
I just noticed that this is available for purchase from Logos.  Does anyone know when this happened?  I never saw it on Pre-pub.  

I believe the pre-pub for it was in late october, I know it was at $59 us.

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:22 AM

Dan Francis:

Joseph Turner:

I believe the pre-pub for it was in late october, I know it was at $59 us.

Shipped yesterday at $59.95.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:35 AM

I was actually asking about Revelation and the End of All Things.

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:38 AM

I'm not sure just how relevent REAT is.  'Interpreting the seige at Waco.'   Goodness, that brings back memories.  Not a single beheading,no  marching Christians on the seashore in HD video, nor speedboats spinning around fake aircraft carriers.

Definitely from the 'good old days' when the McClennan county sheriff had the big headache.

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:40 AM

It was part of a larger collection of studies from Eerdmans. I do not know when Logos broke the collection up and allowed individual volumes to be purchased, but I am glad they did.

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:59 AM

Denise:

I'm not sure just how relevent REAT is.  'Interpreting the seige at Waco.'   Goodness, that brings back memories.  Not a single beheading,no  marching Christians on the seashore in HD video, nor speedboats spinning around fake aircraft carriers.

Definitely from the 'good old days' when the McClennan county sheriff had the big headache.

It is from 2001, but it is one of the most responsible books I have read on Revelation.  The way it uses those examples is still relevant.

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 11:00 AM

Yes

Mark Johnson:

It was part of a larger collection of studies from Eerdmans. I do not know when Logos broke the collection up and allowed individual volumes to be purchased, but I am glad they did.

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:08 PM

I already have this in Kindle and will not purchase from Faithlife...

Joseph Turner:

mm.

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:04 PM

Milkman:

Joseph Turner:

I understand your position, and I wouldn't normally (also having this in Kindle), but I like this one enough to purchase for my Logos library.  I have bought several paper and Kindle copies for friends and family already anyway, so what's one more expenditure!  It is disappointing that it is twice the price of Kindle and considerably more than paper.

Posts 9911
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 2:08 AM

Hm, the Amazon link from above gives a kindle price of $15 in the US - the Logos edition with $20 is not that far away from that 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1957
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 4:28 AM

NB.Mick:

Hm, the Amazon link from above gives a kindle price of $15 in the US - the Logos edition with $20 is not that far away from that 

The Kindle price is $9.99, but as I stated above, I am not concerned about the price.

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 6:22 AM

good point.

Joseph Turner:

Milkman:

Joseph Turner:

I understand your position, and I wouldn't normally (also having this in Kindle), but I like this one enough to purchase for my Logos library.  I have bought several paper and Kindle copies for friends and family already anyway, so what's one more expenditure!  It is disappointing that it is twice the price of Kindle and considerably more than paper.

mm.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS