Power Lookup issue? 5.2b Beta 3 mac

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 2 2014 5:24 PM

Power Lookup isn't producing any results for me.  Anyone else having issues?

Posts 25212
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:09 PM

Jeromy Waunch:

Power Lookup isn't producing any results for me.  Anyone else having issues?

It's working for me on 5.2b beta 3 for Windows.

Can you provide some more details - ideally a screenshot - showing an example resource where it isn't working?

Posts 33453
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:58 PM

Jeromy Waunch:
Anyone else having issues?

Maybe - I thought I wasn't get results then couldn't recreate it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 10:43 AM

Just played around with it a bit.  If I have it linked to A, and a bible linked to A, it works.  But I thought the function used to be that it would lookup based on which verse or word was clicked.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 11:46 AM

Jeromy Waunch:
 But I thought the function used to be that it would lookup based on which verse or word was clicked.

5.2b Beta 3 Mac OS 10.9.4

That was the way it worked last time I used it, but now it has become nothing more than a poor substitute for the Cross Reference section of the PG.

Posts 25212
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 12:06 PM

Jeromy Waunch:
But I thought the function used to be that it would lookup based on which verse or word was clicked.

Sounds like the Information tool - have you tried that?

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 12:13 PM

Yes. That's what I switched over to.  Interesting though that unless it is linked with a bible, I can't get it to display any results.

Posts 25212
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 12:26 PM

Jeromy Waunch:
Interesting though that unless it is linked with a bible, I can't get it to display any results.

Can you expand on that?

I don't know what you mean by it being "linked to a bible"

In the screenshot below I am using a commentary and clicking on words in the commentary affect what is displayed in the Information tool

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:11 PM

This is linked to "A": 

This is not linked to anything:

Posts 33453
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:15 PM

When I am in a Bible I get sparse results in Information - only when I hit a footnote. In other resources, my results are much more prolific. I have it set to Follow rather than a specific link set.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25212
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:45 PM

Jeromy Waunch:

Yes. That's what I switched over to.  Interesting though that unless it is linked with a bible, I can't get it to display any results.

Sorry, I thought we were still talking about the Information tool not Power Lookup

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:59 PM

Jeromy Waunch:

You and I are both confusing the Information pane with Power Lookup. You might want to read http://wiki.logos.com/Power_Lookup 

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:32 PM

Thanks Jack.  It was definitely operator error on my part. The wiki link was helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS