You don't have a license to view this resource... but I do!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 22
Richard Landon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 6 2014 8:04 PM

When looking up a reference to Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics (Wallace) in Lexham SGNT glossary, I click on a reference to p.657 at which point I see this message.

However, I do (in fact) have this reference in my library?

Any ideas. Yes, I allowed logos to index my library..... after I acquired the resource?

Posts 2450
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 8:18 PM

I've encountered this as well. I think this is a problem with the tagging/linking.

GGBB was previously available as a resource produced by Galaxie software, and now we have another version of the same book. The book is the same, the resource label isn't.

Posts 24447
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 8:33 PM

Richard Landon:
Any ideas. Yes, I allowed logos to index my library..... after I acquired the resource?

I suspect you have the Logos version (LLS:GRKGRAMBBWALLACE) of this resource and the reference is to the third-party version that preceded it i.e. to a resource Id you do not have (the message tells me to unhide the original Wallace, which I also own).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 9:16 PM

Richard Landon:
When looking up a reference to Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics (Wallace) in Lexham SGNT glossary, I click on a reference to p.657 at which point I see this message.  ...  Any ideas.

Open newer Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics resource, then change page location.

Note: clicking Wallace page number in Lexham SGNT Glossary replicates license message.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:01 PM

I have a similar thing with Tyndale Commentaries and Bible Speaks Today. I believe it is because I have the English (UK) version not the International or US versions of the same books. 

Posts 2450
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:12 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Open newer Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics resource, then change page location.

Note: clicking Wallace page number in Lexham SGNT Glossary replicates license message.

Could you elaborate? The markup still points to LLS:GS_GGBTB which is the Galaxie software version. Ironically I have this, but I had to unhide it because having two versions was starting to confuse me.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 7 2014 7:13 PM

Lee:
Could you elaborate?

Can type page location in New Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics resource:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2450
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:53 PM

Which is a downgrade from "amazing functionality" to "manual drudgery" ... Devil

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:49 PM

Lee:

Which is a downgrade from "amazing functionality" to "manual drudgery" ... Devil

Concur.  Also learned "Send Hyperlinks here" in new Greek Grammar resource has no effect.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 898
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 1:02 PM

Richard--

I understand your frustrations. It's one we share. We're working on a two fold solution. One is more far-reaching (and outside my department so I have less information about that one).

The second has to do with a new method of tagging references to Wallace's GGBTB. Basically I'm coming up with a system where it doesn't matter what version of the resource you own. I hope to have this functional within two months. I know it doesn't solve the problem today but we're working on it.

Posts 71
Brian Huddleston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 8 2014 1:34 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

I'm coming up with a system where it doesn't matter what version of the resource you own. I hope to have this functional within two months. I know it doesn't solve the problem today but we're working on it.

The complexities of having multiple versions and linking to it are understandable.  Glad to hear that you're working on a solution! Yes

Wylie, TX

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS