Payment plan fee of $5 per month...really?

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:01 AM

Steven ... coming into the Logosian hunting camp and suggesting the fire could be made better is not smart.  Logosians are Logosians first.  Then they take a look at their books, if time permits.

But less seriously, the $5 charge/month for low-cost resources DOES pull ones chain.  That and Logos defaulting to it.  Whatever the economics or motivations, users are very sensitized to businesses nickel and diming you to death.  Cellular? Airlines? Electric bill?

I think if I were a business, just the nickel/diming image would be a significant negative to avoid.  We avoid airlines like death warmed over, due to their dinking around.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:25 AM

The way to avoid interest, fees, or whatever you want to call it is to pay as you go. That is a policy my wife and I adopted many years ago. If we can't pay for it, we don't buy it. I wish we had adopted that policy many years earlier. Our first set of dishes was from Fingerhut. Who knows how much we ended up paying for a set of dishes we could have probably bought at WalMart for $50. Sad

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:29 AM

Denise:
I think if I were a business, just the nickel/diming image would be a significant negative to avoid.
What would be your solution? Logos will by necessity levy these costs. Would a 2 tier pricing be less offensive? (A cash price and a credit card price for each resource?) If they don't get the funds from the credit card buyers, They will raise the overall price. Where do you want the nickel and diming to occur?Stick out tongue

Posts 159
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:34 AM

FYI: If you are going to do multiple payment plans, call Logos and they will combine them under one payment plan.

Logos 8 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (2004) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.14.6 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPad3 iOS 9.3.6 | iPod6 iOS 12.4.8 | iPhoneXR iOS 13.6.1

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:39 AM

Paul, in the case of Steven, I wouldn't charge at all.  Major purchase you want to encourage even if financed.  Life is life.

Secondly, given they're defaulting to pay-as-you-go, I assume that's the economically most-favorable path to Logos. I'd eat the $5 to avoid the image.

Now, I suspect there's some (many?) users who might use the plan for penne-ante purchases. Set a minimum (they used to have one; still do?).

I just bought a shakuhachi in the significant 4 figures; the maker dreams of cash. And hopefully not Paypal (same with my banjo maker; Paypal must be expensive to businesses). But we needed to Paypal it; Japan. He had no complaints.  But we keep buying more books, CDs, and yes, more shakuhachis from him.

Negatives to the business experience get repeated and cost too much money.

Repeating from another thread, I just purchased 2 Vyrso's (I avoid Vyrso like the plague).  I chose over Kindle; same price. But then Vyrso wouldn't download (but Biblia would!).  Guess what my choice will be next time?

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:58 AM

Denise:
same with my banjo maker

Do you know about the now defunct Richelieu Banjos? I had one but let it go since physical limitations now prevent me from playing. It was a beautiful Golden Eagle edition. I still have rooms full of guitars and bases that I have not parted with ....Yet. 

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 11:13 AM

Yes ... I saw one on the net the other day. Which hand has the limitations?

My new one (White Mountain bluegrass) I spec'd fretless and Civil War era look. Plays gorgeous and hearable an acre away!

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 11:50 AM

Looked at the White mountain site They look to be a quality instrument. They would undoubtedly sound good while searching Logos. (just to appear to be compliant) Both hands have impaired fine motor function. The left hand is virtually a club. I can grip, but all fingers grip at once. I am right handed. and at this stage of my life and health, I will not attempt to relearn from a southpaw stance.I still do setup and basic (redneck) "luthier" work for the locals. They all want Martin guitars for the prestige. But soon learn Martins play like a 2x4 strung with barge rope. Stick out tongue 

Posts 6
Donnie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 12:15 PM

The $5/month does not appeal to me, but then I don't have extra cash anyway. But if you don't like it, then simply save up your money and buy the product out right, or use a credit card, or just don't buy it. It's not "usury" because you're not being forced to buy something. If you think it's "usury" then would you complain if they just took the plan away and only gave you the option of paying in full to begin with? If you don't like how they do it, then don't buy it. Simple as that.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 12:34 PM

Paul C:
I still have rooms full of guitars and bases that I have not parted with ....Yet. 

I had 28 guitars and a Washburn B-19 banjo. I sold all but 4 and used the money to buy lots of Logos resources. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 12:46 PM

I had one cute guitar from Mountain View AR. I tried to give it to a young Japanese Christian at our church. The pastor frowned, so I kept it.  I suppose he could have eaten too much wasabi. Or girls shouldn't play guitar.  Hard to say.

But after Libronix Inc stopped shipping licenses, my instrument budget has ballooned.

Paul, sorry to hear about your hands.  Hard to play!

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 12:56 PM

Denise:
Paul, sorry to hear about your hands.

No prob. I had a great run when they did work. I played in groups for 20 plus years. The gigs took me places I didn't need to be. I was distracted from more important issues. I am still kept informed of all the local hootenannies by all the folks requiring tune-ups. Life is Good.

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 1:19 PM

Finally, someone who agrees with me!

Paul C:
They all want Martin guitars for the prestige. But soon learn Martins play like a 2x4 strung with barge rope

Posts 438
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 1:22 PM

Get back to the main subject for this thread

1)  The credit card fee is figured in the price. (besides what difference does it make to do 1.8% of $300 ten times or 1.8% of $3,000 once?)

2)  Ever wonder why you don't do a credit app?  It is because if you don't pay, the next time you hook to the internet they can take it away and when they resell it it is still brand new. 

I don't really have a problem with the fee, I think I have used it a couple of times, but it is not the same as a credit card because they can take their stuff back.

In His Name

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:12 PM

We should note there is also a flat network access fee for every transaction.

For smaller amounts it is more "expensive" although if budget is tight it may be the only way to get a good bargain. For large amounts this is such a bargain it is hard to contain oneself.

As always, if you  think it is too much, don't do it.  I can think of a lot of other things to worry about.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:31 PM

Paul C:

They all want Martin guitars for the prestige. But soon learn Martins play like a 2x4 strung with barge rope. Stick out tongue 

Sorry you missed out on the D-35 with the modified V-neck ... late 1970's.  Exceptional.  Still enjoying mine.  Smile

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:56 PM

Steve:

Paul C:

They all want Martin guitars for the prestige. But soon learn Martins play like a 2x4 strung with barge rope. Stick out tongue 

Sorry you missed out on the D-35 with V-neck ... late 1970's.  Exceptional.  Still enjoying mine.  Smile

I certainly hope I didn't offend you. Please note the raspberry smiley face. The basic construction of the martin is superb. The setup usually stinks. My comment referred to the set-up more than the instrument. Am I forgiven? Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 6:11 PM

Steve:
Still enjoying mine.  Smile

I'm still enjoying the Logos I bought with the money from selling my guitars.

(And I still have my Morris finger-picking 6 string)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 160
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:42 PM

Completely agree with William. 

The dynamic pricing as well as the payment plan have been a blessing to me as it has allow me to get the tools and resources that otherwise I could have not been able to get. To me $5 is well worth it. 

My suggestion to the OP is to see what those $5 a month allow you to do. No other company is as flexible and as easy as Logos when it comes to let me get the resources I want and need. 

I own another Bible Software and because they were running a special sale I thought it could be a good opportunity to upgrade theirs. No dynamic pricing so even though I purchase some of the resources recently that are included in the upgrade I had to pay for them again. Needless to say that I didn't upgrade and used the moony to add more resources from Logos.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 10:33 PM

Denise:
 Logosians are Logosians first.

Is it Logosians or Logosarians?

Where is word Smith when you need her?

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS