Lexham Methods Series

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 11 2014 4:55 PM

Now that we got Witherington's mEd course for a fantastic price, let do the same for the Lexham Methods Series! See today's Blog: http://blog.logos.com/

$60 is a great price for this, but it could go lower. $50 is not far behind, even $45 is a strong possibility.

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:00 PM

Thanks for the reminder Keith. It would be great to see this go into production. Here is the link for quick access - https://www.logos.com/product/26934/lexham-methods-series

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 754
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:13 PM

Operating on the David Paul school of bidding principle, I found that $50 had a slight uptick.  Since we are at least two weeks out I bid $50 hoping to make that uptick more noticeable and promoting it as the collaboration price.  The lower the price when the the line hits break-even, the better for all of us.  It may actually be better for Logos since the lower price is likely to bring in more bidders more rapidly.

BTW: Let's encourage people to retain their initial bids, rather than lowering them, once the final date is set for the auction.  Lowering the bid doesn't do anything except make the resource "look" cheaper.  That's bad eyewash for those initially visiting the CP who may not be aware of the bidding history.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:22 PM

Bruce, you might want to edit that link so it doesn't give Logos the unwarranted idea that people who click on it are coming from the blog. Delete everything after the question mark, as that's all just a referral code.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 6:02 PM

Moved my bid down to $50 as well. $50 and $60 are almost even now and I think $50 looks and sounds a whole lot better than $60. We can always move it up if things necessary.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 6:12 PM

I moved mine down to $50 as well. Looks like if a couple more people at $60 drop down to $50, we'll make $50 the new going rate, albeit at a lower hump than what $60 was at when it was at its highest. But that will encourage more people to jump in.

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 6:39 PM

Rosie Perera:

Bruce, you might want to edit that link so it doesn't give Logos the unwarranted idea that people who click on it are coming from the blog. Delete everything after the question mark, as that's all just a referral code.

Thanks Rosie. I should have taken more time to do that in the first place.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 6:41 PM

Rosie Perera:
I moved mine down to $50 as well.

I just moved mine too.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:31 PM

$60--->$50

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 12 2014 6:21 AM

Looks like the $50 peak has flatten out. Must be because the majority of the new bids came in at $60. So what is your recommendation David Paul? Should we move back up to $60 to give people hope this set will see the light of day or should we stay at $50?

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 12 2014 7:04 AM

I posted a comment to the recent blog post for this series encouraging bidders to bid $50.

I think that the peaks are too far from the finish line to really have a significant impact on bidding at this point. I think this decision to bid $50 is a good idea, but I'm not convinced this CP has the same dynamic that the mEd course did. But if we all agree to bidding $50 and we keep a fire lit under this in the same way we did with the BW3 course, it could have the result we're looking for.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 12 2014 9:25 AM

I changed my bid from 60 to 50.

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 12 2014 10:43 AM

Hopefully today's blog about the series will push more people to place their bids.

http://blog.logos.com/2014/07/early-praise-for-the-lexham-methods-series

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 12 2014 9:34 PM

$50 is not that far behind $60...if we keep this active and encourage the $50 bids, we could see it peak within a week, and once that happens, there should be more attention and new bids pushing it higher.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:59 AM

A day ago it was briefly at $50.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 6:13 AM

Unix:

A day ago it was briefly at $50.

Didn't notice. This shows however that only a few more $50 bid will bring curve to the $50 level. Anyone else willing to shift their bid?

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 2:08 PM

Hey, folks. Stop bidding $60 on this. We're attempting to get a new high point on the graph at $50. If you're one of the new bidders at $60 in the past few days, please consider lowering your bid to $50. I know it looks scary with that big red bar on there saying you will miss out on this product if it goes to production at the higher price.

But it won't if we make a concerted effort together, so don't worry about that. We're only at 60% anyway, so there's still lots of time to raise your bid later if this strategy doesn't work. But it has proven to work before (most recently on the Ben Witherington MobileEd course). So let's try it again. Bid $50 and the dot at 50 will go up higher than the dot at 60, thus drawing in more bidders. And the price will likely go even lower before it goes into production.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 4:23 PM

I personally find that little red message offensive, for a number of reasons. First of all, it is fairly often just not true, which means it is half-brother to a lie. When you say something is true when it remains to be seen and often turns out not to be the case, that is a problem. Second, it comes across as a scare tactic, one that has demonstrated its effectiveness with regularity. With two weeks left to go on the Witherington mEd course before it closed and the $60 mark already touching the line, there were panicked voices insisting that people should raise their bids to the safe "green bar". That kind of fear, in spite of zero practical relevance or need, leads to the Logos community paying hundreds of dollars a year more than it needs to.

I would like for Logos to change the message so that it reads, "Your bid may not succeed", or better yet...remove it all together. It is literally unnecessary and it inculcates a drastic misunderstanding of how CP works. That message is NOBODY'S friend.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 4:35 PM

David Paul:
I personally find that little red message offensive

That's pretty strong language. I don't find it offensive. It's shorthand for "if this were to go over the 100% mark as things stand now, your bid would not succeed." For products where there is a concerted effort on the forums to get people to bid the price down (which doesn't by any means happen on all or nearly half the CP products), then it's quite likely if they a person seeing that message stays put at their current bid, it will eventually succeed. However it would be doing such people a disservice to neglect to remind them that their bid might not succeed. So I think it would be better to change the red text to "Your bid might not succeed" ("may" would be bad grammar; it would mean "your bid doesn't have permission to succeed") than to remove it altogether.

Posts 175
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:18 PM

Rosie Perera:
So I think it would be better to change the red text to "Your bid might not succeed" ("may" would be bad grammar; it would mean "your bid doesn't have permission to succeed") than to remove it altogether.

It's a common misconception that "may" only refers to permission; in fact, that's not the case. It certainly has the permission meaning, but it also expresses possibility.

In current usage, "may" and "might" are used interchangeably to refer to the possibility of something happening, though some contend that "might" communicates that an event is less likely than "may." 

As for the language of the CP graph, how about a more positive spin: "Currently, (only) bids of $XX and higher will succeed."

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS