Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 15 2014 10:21 AM

I was just looking at all the new SDA resources on the SDA products page and noticed that the SDA Bible Commentary, Expanded Edition, is gone. Is that in the process of being update or reformatted? I tell quite a few SDA's about Logos and this is one of the best resources, in my opinion. Will that be coming back in the same format, or in an updated and expanded way? I already own it, but hope others can continue to benefit from this great resource!

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 15 2014 11:33 AM

We are renegotiating that contract with the White Estate, so meanwhile it is off the market. I am very hopeful that soon we will have the EGW writings updated--with free updating for whatever of her writings you already own in Logos through the old Expanded edition of the SDA BC.

I'll keep you all updated.

Martin

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 15 2014 2:36 PM

That's wonderful! Thanks for the update! 

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 21 2014 2:46 PM

For anyone who hasn't yet purchase the SDA Bible Commentary, you can get the standard edition through July 25 at $30 off by using coupon code SDABIBLECOM at checkout. That makes the price $119.95.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 30 2014 6:12 PM

Please keep us posted on this. Is there a pre-pub page for the updated version yet?

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 1 2014 4:10 PM

With the closure of the Review plant, everything is extremely complicated right now with key people who have helped us in the past now being phased out of a job. I've engaged a former VP working on this but no success yet. this is a top priority for me, along with wrapping up the EGW recompiling.

Posts 2
DL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 6 2014 10:14 PM

I had the Bible Commentaries using Logos 4 but they've all gone. What's happening

Posts 3
Alex Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 10 2014 9:54 AM

So I have the SDA Bible commentary series v.3 libronix cd. How can I load that into logos 5?

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 10 2014 2:47 PM

If you are using the same email address as you did in Libronix, sign into Logos with your email and password and it should download. Test on the web and see if you see your resources.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 3
Alex Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 10 2014 9:57 PM

Launched my libronix software and looked at the profile info.  I used a different email address when I signed up.  I tried to login to the logos web site with this email address but could not recall a pswd.  I requested a forgotten pswd but the email I received said that my email address could not be located.  What now?  Call Logos?

Alex

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 11 2014 4:15 AM

Alex Rodriguez:
What now?  Call Logos?

Yes. Have the serial number for the Sdabc handy just in case.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 7:40 AM

Any update on this yet, Martin? I would really like to get all of EGW's writings in my Logos library but I now have no way to do so.

Can anyone please tell me how I can at least get the old Libronix edition CD? I am willing to buy it from someone who has an extra or doesn't need theirs.

It's starting to get a little frustrating that Logos has taken it offline with no ETA on an upgraded version.

Please let me know if anyone can help me get EGW's writings for Logos. Thanks!

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 10:06 AM

We are certainly trying. I'll keep you updated!

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 1:42 PM

Timothy Taylor:
Can anyone please tell me how I can at least get the old Libronix edition CD? I am willing to buy it from someone who has an extra or doesn't need theirs.

Try Ebay or Amazon.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 1:55 PM

Please note CDROM if it has been previously installed may do you no good and if the person does sell it legally you still may need to pay the additional Logos transfer fee ($20 I think). 

-Dan

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:55 PM

Well it does need some help.  

For example, I was reading the Handbook of SDA theology in this.  I purchased my SDA bible commentary series and EGW writings through Logos.  Anyhow, I noticed typos in the quotes.  So I proceeded to report them, twice.  As I read about 100 pages I noticed quotation typos all over the Handbook.  Far too many to continue to report.  As an example, open up the Handbook of SDA Theology and glance through Holbrook's chapter on the Great Controversy, notice pages 975-79.  There are quotes in wrong places, single quotes missing and open quotes that are not closed.  Its hard to make it out and I don't have this book in hardback copy in my library in my set of SDA commentary volumes.  Anyone else have this problem or notice this?  

We need this to be cleaned up a little.  Being patient of course, I know Dr. Weber is trying to get this done.

Posts 2
Ralph Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 5 2014 6:29 AM

Timothy Taylor:

Any update on this yet, Martin? I would really like to get all of EGW's writings in my Logos library but I now have no way to do so.

It's starting to get a little frustrating that Logos has taken it offline with no ETA on an upgraded version.

Please let me know if anyone can help me get EGW's writings for Logos. Thanks!

Are you still looking for this? I more than one copy of the SDA Bible Commentary, Expanded Edition on CD.

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 8:39 PM

You still have one of these?  I have a friend that has been looking and may be interested. 

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 17 2014 5:58 PM

Ellen G. White Lifeworks now being recompiled into the latest Logos technology.  http://bit.ly/1uiWQDs

Posts 2
Byron Frenchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 4:21 AM

Hi Martin!

I have Logos on my computer and the EGW Commentarie CD from about 10 years ago. I use to use it when I had an earlier program Labronix. But haven't used it in years, But still have the CD's. Could I just load it on my computer and into my Logos 5 folder/program? Would it be compatible?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS