Long time error message: unable to download Logos resources or upgrades

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Paul Morgan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:20 AM

July 16, 2014. Australia.

Hello.

For months I have been unable to download Logos automatic upgrades or add any resources, as I get a Logos Bible Software message advising 'Error writing to file', and the process has to be aborted.

I have just taken a screen shot of the error message, enabled logging and made a zipped file, and will attempt to attach them to this message. (I am a 60 year old Pastor, a fairly basic computer user, and am just following your Logos instructions)

Please advise how I can fix this. If necessary, can I uninstall all Logos software from my computer, then reinstall it all again so it works?

Thank you so much for helping me. God bless you today.

Paul Morgan.

1325.Logos Log Files 16 July 2014.zip

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:54 AM

G'day

I don't run Windows, but the problem you describe is one which comes up from time to time in the forum from Windows users. It's due to a systems permissions issue in Windows.

Some of the experienced Windows users may have more information but this official Logos support posting is a good place to start:

https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/error-writing-to-file

if you get stuck with the technical details working through the points in the document above there are many technical Logos users who can help. Just reply to your original posting (or my one here) with any questions.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 2
Paul Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 6:11 AM

Thank you so much, Patrick, for taking the time to assist me.

I followed the link you sent me, and then followed the steps. Initial result: some different error message, but after acknowledging it the system seems to have worked through something, and Logos has just finished indexing. So I think it might be fixed! Over the next week I'll see if I need to do anything further.

I can't tell you how much it means to me that you were good enough to help. And I can't believe that I tried all possible ways to fix this over the past 6 months, and that you have in one step helped resolve this. So good!

Thank you again, and I am praying that the Lord bless you for your kindness.

Regards,

Paul.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS