KINDLE UNLIMITED, the long waited move

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1922
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 16 2014 7:36 PM

Amazon is doing it right again.. First was Primethen Amazon VOD (Video On Demand), then Amazon Prime Music, now Kindle Unlimited.

Although it is small now, I'm sure the list of books will grow and grow and grow..

People want cheaper price and Amazon is listening.

KINDLE UNLIMITED

yumm...

Posts 4105
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 7:48 PM

With unlimited access to thousands of hand-picked titles for kids ages 3-8

Am I missing something here? An educational title for a three year old really doesn't get me excited. Nor is it really about Logos nor is it logos related.

Sorry to be the wet blanket. Now, if the did this for academic works, and reference works... IE things I can use at seminary, that would be pretty awesome.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 8:16 PM

https://vyrso.com/products/search?q=berenstain+bears

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 28580
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 3:46 AM

mike:
Although it is small now, I'm sure the list of books will grow and grow and grow..

Time will tell... but I am not getting too excited just yet. Only a small subset, for example is eligible to "lend." These appear to be those same titles. For some people (those who read a lot and don't care what they read) this will be great. Right now, its not for me.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1922
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 9:40 PM

the ebook economy is about to change...

I'm very happy I have Amazon Prime.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:16 PM

I'll be more excited when Logos has the "send to Kindle" feature they teased about a few months ago.

Posts 231
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:26 PM

Brad Fry:
when Logos has the "send to Kindle" feature they teased about a few months ago

I don't remember seeing this tease.  Can someone share a link?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:52 PM

Brad Fry:

I'll be more excited when Logos has the "send to Kindle" feature they teased about a few months ago.

Me too. I will get a Kindle reader then.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 7:56 AM

My opinion, get one anyway. I love good, old fashioned deadwood books, but I do believe the Kindle Paperwhite is the best reading experience there is.

Posts 2623
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:39 PM

mike:

By the way, if you switch your Kindle localization to Amazon.com (USA), you can get that offer almost worldwide (excluding probably some countries where free speech is highly suppressed such as China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea...)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 18916
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 12:03 AM

Super.Tramp:

Brad Fry:

You don't need to get a Kindle reader. The Kindle app works on any handheld device you might already have, if you have one. I use it on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and my 7" Android tablet (Nexus 7), and it's great.

Posts 28580
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:55 AM

Rosie Perera:

Super.Tramp:

Brad Fry:

You don't need to get a Kindle reader. The Kindle app works on any handheld device you might already have, if you have one. I use it on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and my 7" Android tablet (Nexus 7), and it's great.

In context, I think ST doesn't care about the OP. He is concerned about the "send to kindle" feature, which is about kindle e-ink readers. 

Posts 18916
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 4:42 AM

alabama24:

Rosie Perera:

Super.Tramp:

Brad Fry:

In context, I think ST doesn't care about the OP. He is concerned about the "send to kindle" feature, which is about kindle e-ink readers. 

I know the context. I use "send to kindle" all the time (not in Logos, but emailing myself PDFs and such to read on the go) and I can still read them on the Kindle app on my Android. I'm guessing you won't need a Kindle e-ink reader to use the "send to Kindle" feature Logos is working on. From Amazon's end, "send to kindle" works by having you set up a different kindle email address for each device you want to send to. You can have one for your actual Kindle device if you have one, and another for your phone, etc.

Now, ST might really be lusting after one of those Paperwhites for the reading experience (which Brad Fry said is the best there is), and I'm not trying to dissuade him from that if that's the case. But I was just trying to say that it isn't necessary to buy a Kindle of any sort if you already have a mobile device and don't want to spend more money. The Kindle app runs on every platform and is free.

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 5:20 AM

With the Onyx T68, there is a nice e-reader with e-ink screen that runs Logos for Android. Much better than a send-to-kindle function!

Posts 11218
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 7:12 AM

True, my Paperwhite is getting a few grey hairs.  Last night his backlight was wavering in a subtle way.  Stop that!  He takes forever to charge.  And his UI is positively basic.

But in the evenings, I still reach to turn the page.  And compared to my iPad mini, he's light as a feather.

Back to the thread, I really wonder about the wisdom of subscription all-you-can-read.  For the few days I had it, it really felt a burden. Should I be reading THIS book, when there's so many more?  And I had to read fast, similar to my rental books.

At the used book store in Flagstaff, the customers are fewer and fewer. The religious section larger and larger. Pastors either dieing or digitizing their libraries.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 28580
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 24 2014 7:29 AM

Rosie- why would anyone use "send to kindle" from Logos, if not to send to an e-ink kindle? If you have an iPad, just use the Logos app. If you are interested in personal books, just use the non logos "send to kindle." If you are interested in non mobile enabled resources... I cant imagine logos would enable "send to kindle" for non mobile enabled resources. I can't think of a single good use for "send to kindle" outside of the eInk readers. Am I missing something?

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 3:22 AM

There is a print to kindle feature available from Amazon on PC and Mac. See this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/87548/614310.aspx#614310

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS