Holman Resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19
Robert Gibbs | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2010 3:50 PM

I have the Bible Study library, have downloaded Alpha 9, and updated resources (and it downloaded about 20 more resources), and I still don't have the Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary, the Handbook, or the Concise Bible Dictionary.

Is anyone (everyone?) else in the same boat as me with regard to these specific resources?  I have hard copies of the Handbook and Dictionary, but am reallylooking forward to integrating those with everything else.  I know they're still getting everything figured out; I just wanted to make sure that this was normal, and not some sort of bug that's just affecting me.  Thanks

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 8:42 PM

I would like to know the same thing these are missing in my in my library as well. Im sure it has something to do with a feature that is not implemented yet in the alpha stage yet.

Posts 40
Richard Teschendorf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:57 AM

Perhaps you need to Update Resources a few more times?  I also have the Bible Study Library and running Alpha 9 and have all three of the Holman resources in my library.  When I first installed Alpha 1, I had 251 resources.  After an automatic download and executing Update Resources a few times, I now have 270 resources.  I believe the 270 to be close to the magic number for the Bible Study Library because I verified it by running a bibliographic report per a forum post and comparing it to the Logos 4 web site list. It is not easy to verify resources due to the many differences in naming, but I THINK I have everything except 12 of the Bible Exposition Commentary volumes (the "Be" series of resources).  (I just ran "Update Resources" again just for the fun of it and the Logos icon says it's downloading another 192.1 MB, but no additional resources.)  Just keep trying.  It's a continuing mystery how and when resources appear.  The fun of an Alpha!

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:40 AM

Richard Teschendorf:
Perhaps you need to Update Resources a few more times?  I

I got up and did it this morning and all the Holman Resources were all there! And now my library on my Mac side has the same number on my Windows side!!! So Im happy now!!!!! 

Posts 19
Robert Gibbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:28 PM

Wow.  I updated resources this evening, and now have 270 as well, including the aforementioned-Holman references.  Thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS