Anyone using Scrivener for Sermons?

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 44 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 49
M G Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 7:02 AM

I have found that the work-around suggested for Mac users having trouble pasting links to Logos resources also works with Scrivener (in my case, for Windows). See Bradley's post here:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/66752.aspx

[In Windows] Ctrl+Alt+C in Logos to copy the location to the clipboard and then in Scrivener [for Windows] select Link ... from the Edit menu. A box pops up with http:// already entered and a place to paste the link from Logos. It is easy enough to add ref.ly/ to the beginning and then change the colon (:) after logosres to a forward slash (/). When the link is clicked within Scrivener the relevant resource opens in Logos, with the slight nuisance value of a web page opening (to make this work) and then needing to be closed. I use Firefox.

Posts 2
Larry Edison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 1:15 PM

I have used Scrivener for years. It is powerful, and so easy.  So, what's my motivation (instead of simply "Pages" or "Word?"  The answer is easy.  it is an all in one.

I can hold all my research, all my ideas for slides, all my writing, and my outlines - all in one page.  On the side, in the "Binder" I can deposit all those items in their proper bin/folder.  I can quickly jot down a thought and store it - and can easily return to what I was previously writing (before the idea popped into my head).  There's a way to jot down comments and footnotes without them getting into the body of the text I am writing.  

It keeps me organized, and I can/could lay out plans and ideas for the series.  I keep each point in a separate card, so I can rearrange as I desire.  When I used a word processor, I was always cutting, moving, and pasting - and never sure where to place a particular idea.  In Scrivener I can shuffle the cards (or the outline) as I desire.  

Where did I place ideas, or sermon examples, or research (books, quotes, internet links) before Scrivener . . . I was using several different apps/programs before I found Scrivener.

Now they even have (in a few days) an iOS version that is apparently spectacular.  Works super well with ur favorite Bible program/app, of course :) 

Larry Edison

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 6:15 PM

Scrivener for iOS releases this Wednesday, and it looks and works great. Most important, it syncs (via Dropbox) with either the Mac or Windows version of the app.

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 281
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 4:27 AM

Abram K-J:

Scrivener for iOS releases this Wednesday, and it looks and works great. Most important, it syncs (via Dropbox) with either the Mac or Windows version of the app.

Scrivener is now my favourite tool for prep and sermon delivery. Logos is great as a research tool but for notes and prep I need something a little different. With IOS I can work up to the last minute and export to a PDF to goodreader just before going to the lectern.

Posts 38
GCFSR | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2020 4:58 AM

I think the version 3.1.4 could handle the Hebrew and Greek letters.

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS