Is it possible to find a certain speaker?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 19 2014 9:09 AM

Right clicking on a word brings up the info window, which will indicate who is speaking, when that information is available.

Is it possible to search for a specific speaker? 

That is, is it possible to find every place Jesus speaks, or Peter, or David?

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 9:46 AM

Gregory Lawhorn:

Is it possible to search for a specific speaker? 

That is, is it possible to find every place Jesus speaks, or Peter, or David?

In general, no. Please see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/86455.aspx for a recent discussion.

Gregory Lawhorn:
Right clicking on a word brings up the info window, which will indicate who is speaking, when that information is available.

But I wasn't sure what you meant here so I might be missing what you are asking for. Right-clicking on a word brings up a context-sensitive menu allowing users to drill deeper in various areas. But this doesn't indicate who is speaking. Can you expand a bit on what you are seeing / looking for?

Posts 4678
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 9:53 AM

Logos has "speaker labels", but I don't know if they have those labels indexed database-wise so as to allow a search.

Posts 1670
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:47 AM

We plan to add this in a future release.

Posts 38
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 11:16 AM

That would be fantastic - thanks!

Posts 71
Rusty Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 9:37 PM

One possibility is to use the "Clause Search' tool (which is in Silver Base packages and above).

Go to the Search window (magnifying glass). Make sure you have selected 'Clause' in the upper left hand portion of that window. You will also want to make sure you are searching a bible. Enter the following as a template "Subject:Jesus Verb:to speak" (make sure there are no spaces between the colons and the following word.

I believe this will get you what you are looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS