Personal Book Site

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 26757
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 11:24 AM

Simon:
or of PBB's that are publicly available to download.

Please do not consider the Files forum in Logos as publicly available to download in my case.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 212
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 11:42 AM

MJ. Smith:

Simon:
or of PBB's that are publicly available to download.

Please do not consider the Files forum in Logos as publicly available to download in my case.

I did a quick search on your name in the files section of the Logos forums, but my quick search didn't reveal any public domain books uploaded by you. I found some indexes, but an index is considered a new work, and is under copyright. I will only publish copyrighted works if the copyright holder agrees to that.

Michael Childs:
And as I understand you, these Personal Book files will be available free of charge, right?

Of course!

Michael Childs:
Also, I have obtained permission to convert to Word format and  distribute certain books and materials on the Logos Files Forum for the purpose of making Personal Books.  (And I am in process of getting permission from other organizations to do the same.)  It would take an entire new set of permissions to distribute these materials from another webpage.  I mention that to say that it would be best to always get permission from whoever posted material on the Logos Files forum before assuming that it is public domain and just taking it.  Not that there is any indication that you would do that.

As I have mentioned earlier in this topic, I will only allow books that are in the public domain, or books for which proper permission has been secured from the copyright holder. As Christians we should obey the law, even copyright law.

It will take some work: checking if a work is in the public domain, or requesting permission from the copyright holder if it isn't, but I think the effort is worth it.

I hope to create the site in such a way that it will be a community site, in which users can upload their PBB's. PBB's will only be placed after being reviewed by an admin. People can volunteer to become an admin. The site shouldn't be "my website" or be about me, but should be about Logos users helping each other by sharing the books they love and/or find helpful.

Posts 2469
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:10 PM

A word of advice, Simon. Graduate first! Party!!!

Posts 212
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:43 PM

Lee:

A word of advice, Simon. Graduate first! Party!!!

Very wise words. I'll have to finish one last paper before I can graduate for the university. After that's finished, a final church exam is waiting. Between university graduation and the final church exam, I'll hope to work on the site. Until then I'm going to try to focus on my paper...

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 29 2014 10:31 AM

Simon i'm looking forward to your sit also Yes

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1158
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 8:19 PM

Simon, I see that your site is now up (albeit now under construction)! I'm excited for what it will be!

Posts 212
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 24 2014 2:32 PM

Liam:

Simon, I see that your site is now up (albeit now under construction)! I'm excited for what it will be!

At the moment the site isn't usable. I hope to have the site up and running at the end of October. When the site is ready for uploading, I will post in this forum topic.

Posts 1714
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 24 2014 5:30 PM

Looking forward to it, Simon! And I appreciate your perseverance among the motorboats ("but...but...but...but...but")

Win 10 Android 9 Fire OS 5

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS