Logos 5 Indexer crashing repeatedly

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Mark Montfort | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:15 PM

For several weeks now, each time I start Logos and/or let new resources be downloaded, Logos loads, but then Logos Indexer reports that it has stopped working. I am attaching the log files, as suggested in the on-line instructions for Reporting a Problem -and, yes, I followed all steps, including restarting Logos first holding down CTRL, as instructed. BTW, the program itself stays open and is functional.

I would be appreciative for any help!

Blessings,

Mark

7802.LogosIndexer.zip

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:07 PM

Hi Mark, welcome and sorry to hear about the problems you're having.

I haven't the time and skill to read your logs, but these indexing problems can be quite hard to nail down. If the time zone allows, perhaps you could call up tech support. With your permission they can get into your computer and trouble-shoot.

800-875-6467

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 3:51 PM

Mark,

Please enable full-time diagnostic logging if you haven't done so. See here.

The logs do not show a crash. The error log is from earlier than the other two logs you sent.

The last resource that the indexer log shows was being handled was Jeremiah 2 in the Hermeneia Commentary. It shows a warning but no error nor crash, but it is the only thing we have to go on.

Hide that resource, then restart Logos and see if the indexer will complete without that resource. If it does, then restore that volume. This will force Logos to re-download that volume. If there was something wrong with the file hopefully a fresh download will fix that. After downloading the volume Logos will try to index just that volume.

If you get another crash along the way zip up all the latest log files that have the approximate same time stamp and attach them to a follow-up message.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Mark Montfort | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:38 AM

Dear Lee and Mark,

Thank you very much for your replies. I took Lee's suggestion (before Mark posted) and called support; answered a few questions from a very nice Logos support person, and was elevated to 'level 2' support; spoke with Mike who was absolutely outstanding.

He took control of my computer by remote and spent quite a while performing various fixes, updates, tweaks, etc. I now have an upated and updating Logos 5 and a really great experience of Logos support.

I do appreciate both of your postings and the advice.

Blessings,

Mark

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:03 PM

Mark Montfort:
I now have an upated and updating Logos 5 and a really great experience of Logos support.

That's great. Thanks for letting us know.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS