Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
Ben Schoffmann | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 27 2014 6:06 PM

I had a very unusual thing happen today.  For the first time ever, Proclaim didn't recognize my second monitor. It projected but without the ability to navigate and use the computer as the master control.

I know that our VGA cable had a dent in the sheath, but we have had that before.  All the pins are still there.

I rebooted several times, to no avail.

Is there any other potential explanation for this?

Thanks,

Ben

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 29 2014 12:51 PM

I have not been able to reproduce your issue here in house. What platform are you running Proclaim on, Windows or Mac? Are your video drivers up to date?

When you say that Proclaim does not recognize your second monitor, what exactly do you mean? If you go to settings and hit identify monitors, does a number not pop up on the screen?

If you have another VGA cable to test as well to eliminate the possibility of a broken cable that would be great.

Posts 36
Ben Schoffmann | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:51 PM

I figured it out.  Someone evidently accidentally hit a function key that shut off the second monitor.  

Thanks for the replies.

Ben

Posts 1
kamran fatima | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 6:54 AM

A lot of people like to use Two or more monitors for better user experience and good productivity. Sometimes those people face an error which is "Second Monitor Not Detected". Here i like to share some methods which help to resolve this problem easily.

1) You can change your project mode to fix this issue. For this purpose, Press Windows logo key+ P then select proper projection mode among 4 options.

2) 2nd Method is Simply Restart your PC and then see error resolved or not.

3) 3rd method is Turn Off your computer, monitor and unplug all the cables. After wait few minutes, Plug all cables and Turn On your computer, Monitor. 4) You need to update your driver to fix this issue.
5) To update the graphics driver also help to fix this problem.
Here is a source link. https://appuals.com/fix-second-monitor-not-detected/

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS