Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:32 AM

While I've upgraded to L4, I'm still using L3 waiting for Smart Tags to be included in the new version. Suddenly today I get the following error message when trying to start L3: "LDLS.exe The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click Ok to terminate application."

Tried updating the installation of L3, but still get the same error. Any suggestions?

Posts 5569
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:38 AM

TPJohnston01:

While I've upgraded to L4, I'm still using L3 waiting for Smart Tags to be included in the new version. Suddenly today I get the following error message when trying to start L3: "LDLS.exe The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click Ok to terminate application."

Tried updating the installation of L3, but still get the same error. Any suggestions?

I'm not a tech here, but I'm responding anyway to bump this up and hopefully get it noticed by someone who can help.

Did you send an email to tech@logos.com? If not, do that too.

These sorts of errors can sometimes be fixed by simply rebooting your machine, if the issue is a memory conflict, or a DLL that did not get properly shut down. I'm not well versed in error code parsing to know what the above error code means - so I could be way off (probably). But always try the simple solutions first, even if the chance for success is remote - you never know.

Then there are the obvious questions about viruses, spyware, trojans, etc. So do a thorough scan, if you haven't done one recently.

The final suggestion has to do with enabling logging for L3 and submitting the log to tech@logos.com and/or posting it here. Instructions for enabling logging for L3 are found here:

http://www.logos.com/support/lbs/logging

Let us know if the above works, or if it doesn't.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestions; however, I did try rebooting first. I did e-mail tech support. Interestingly, with this problem, the logging does not create any log files at all. That directory is empty after attempting to start L3.

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:17 PM

Heard back from Logos tech support today with rather complex instructions on fixing this.  Anyone having this problem should definitely contact Logos tech support.

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:48 PM

Uninstall/reinstall directions from tech support did not solve the problem. Same error message as before. Will post if a fix ever comes about.

Posts 25189
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:19 PM

TPJohnston01:

Uninstall/reinstall directions from tech support did not solve the problem. Same error message as before. Will post if a fix ever comes about.

A number of solutions are presented at http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

It might be worthwhile to investigate Resolutions 1 (faulty RAM) & 4 (upgrade to IE8).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:54 PM

Appreciate the suggestions; however, I had already visited that site. None of the solutions offered worked. Logos tech did a remote uninstall and reinstall, even though he admitted the error was unfamiliar to him, then suggested the error was due to bad memory. I do appreciate all the time he spent trying!! Ran suggested Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic utility and memory was fine. No errors detected in either Standard or Extensive Tests. I've also used a registry cleaner, which has improved overall computer performance, but has not resolved this problem. I've put in a question in Microsoft forums, hoping for someone who really knows how to resolve this issue. It seems my problem is a very common problem with a very uncommon solution (if there is one!)

Posts 25189
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:22 PM

TPJohnston01:
It seems my problem is a very common problem with a very uncommon solution (if there is one!)

My favourite uninstall method is ...\Libronix DLS\System\PurgeLDLS.bat. Have you tried that?  Then reinstall preferably from the Logos v3 Installation CD/DVD.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:53 AM

Yes, I have tried uninstalling using PurgeLDLS.bat. That was what was originally suggested via e-mail by tech support. So far none of the many solutions I've tried have worked. I did discover that booting in Safe Mode allowed L3 to start and run perfectly, so perhaps there is a way to diagnose the actual problem that way. I'm just not techno-savvy enough to figure that one out.

Posts 4
Fred Hodges Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:48 PM

I would be interested in finding your soultion to the problem for I am having the identical problem on a laptop, though it is running on the desktop fine.

Posts 25189
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 6:35 PM

TPJohnston01:

Yes, I have tried uninstalling using PurgeLDLS.bat. That was what was originally suggested via e-mail by tech support. So far none of the many solutions I've tried have worked. I did discover that booting in Safe Mode allowed L3 to start and run perfectly, so perhaps there is a way to diagnose the actual problem that way. I'm just not techno-savvy enough to figure that one out.

In normal mode enter msconfig.exe in Start | run (or Start |search for Win7/Vista). Disable Startup items one at a time to discover the culprit ie. uncheck it, re-boot the OS and see if that makes a difference. If not then check it, uncheck another item and repeat. Write down what you have done.

Be careful to uncheck only applications. If in doubt post an image of your Startup items & we'll go from there.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 6:26 AM

A million thanks, Dave! It worked! After trying several applications running msconfig, I scanned through the list and remembered an application that had run an update a few days before the problem with L3 began. Unchecked it, rebooted, and L3 started perfectly! Greatly appreciate the help! Now I'm back in business.

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 6:27 AM

Fred, give Dave Hooten's latest response a try. It worked for me after nothing else did.

Posts 5569
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 8:57 AM

TPJohnston01:
scanned through the list and remembered an application that had run an update a few days before the problem with L3 began. Unchecked it, rebooted, and L3 started perfectly!

In case someone else has a similar problem, what was the offending application?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 9:16 AM

The offending application was Replay Media Catcher. Apparently it was loading into the memory slot L3 uses. This only occurred after a very recent update.

Posts 25189
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:26 AM

TPJohnston01:
A million thanks, Dave! It worked!

Glad to have helped.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS