Mac logos crash at start up

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Daniel Le | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:18 AM

the program tries to "sign in" then "vanishes."  I looked around the support forum.  a similar problem seems to have been reported where deleted a user preference folder would do the trick.  I delete that folder, but a new folder "userpreferences2" folder appears and the problem persists.file:///Users/danle/Desktop/LogosLogs.danle.20140802-101247.zip 

Posts 21878
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:49 AM

Welcome to the forum - sorry to hear you are having problems.

Unfortunately I can't access your log files - please post them in a reply to this thread using the paperclip icon

Daniel Le:
 a similar problem seems to have been reported where deleted a user preference folder would do the trick.  I delete that folder, but a new folder "userpreferences2" folder appears and the problem persists

And please don't delete things until the particular problem you are experiencing has been identified. The symptoms may seem similar to others but the cause - and cure - may be totally different.

Posts 6
Padre Dave | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:00 AM

I'm having the same issue today on one of my MacBookPro's  The program begins, the Library startup occurs and then it just quits.

I am using the Yosemite Beta now, if that matters.

Posts 21878
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:03 AM

Padre Dave:

I'm having the same issue today on one of my MacBookPro's  The program begins, the Library startup occurs and then it just quits.

Please start a new thread, providing as many details as possible including logs

Padre Dave:

I am using the Yosemite Beta now, if that matters.

It means that it's not supported by Logos but that doesn't stop us trying to diagnose what is going on and try and help you get things working!

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:49 AM

BTW Daniel you did not actually attach the zipped log files only pointed to there location on your computer. 

-Dan

Posts 3
Daniel Le | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 1:01 PM

sorry about the log file.  let's try it again.1754.LogosLogs.danle.20140729-073500.zip

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 1:16 PM

Well now that the Logs are here hopefully someone who is very techy or Logos employee can give you an answer.

-Dan

Posts 27569
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 2:09 PM

Hi Daniel! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

Your log has this error message: 

07/29/2014 07:34:56 | ERROR | 1 | LDLS4.Macintosh.OurApp | Unhandled exception: Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkException: Unhandled exception in asynchronous work. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/danle/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/e5afn09i.l27/UserInputs/UserInputs.db" is denied.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the "UserInputs" db file does, nor do I know why Logos can't gain access to it.

Have you tried loading to a blank layout? Press and hold the command key immediately upon startup. A dialog box will appear allowing you to load to a blank layout.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24858
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 3:06 PM

alabama24:
Access to the path "/Users/danle/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/e5afn09i.l27/UserInputs/UserInputs.db" is denied.

We'll have to wait for Logos on this one, especially as the database is UserInputs2.db in Windows.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3
Daniel Le | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 7:19 PM

I became desperate for a solution, so I deleted the entire logos 4 folder in the library.  this forced Logos to reinstall the entire resource.  I had originally stored the resource on an external drive.  I think the new default was on the main hard drive.  It took a while, but I am up and going again.  There was probably a much easier solution that didn't require me to reinstall my resource, but whatever works!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS