Reporting Typos

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 88
Rus Howard | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:48 AM

One of the options for right clicking on a selection is the ability to report a typo.  However, when i tried this in L4, A9 for Mac, I was unable to correct the typo and make a report.  I assume this will be added later.

Thus for the record, from Calvin's Institutes, IV, xiv, 22, the 6th sentence reads:

"There is no doubt that, it you compare time with time, the grace of the Spirit is now more abundantly displayed."

It should read:

"There is no doubt that, if you compare time with time, the grace of the Spirit is now more abundantly displayed."

Rus Howard

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:14 PM

I attempted to submit a typo the other day via Logos 4 Mac.  I think it was in the KJV Commentary maybe? It said "daniel" and it should have been "Daniel".  Well the place where you type the potential correction would not let me change the word, but it did let me submit it. I don't know if it will do any good, but I thought I would forget about it if I didn't try it then.

all about Christ,
David 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:27 PM

Just checked on this. There is already a case reported in our bug tracking system so we don't forget about it.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 11:24 AM

In Semeia 11 The Structure of the Gospel Miracle Stories and Their Tellers   pp83-111 the opening paragraph in every section is in BLOCK CAPITALS (presumably carried over from the Section Titles which are Bold Block Capitals). This is not evident in L1.2.2 which displays normally. It would appear that this problem is carried on into other articles as well.

Is this just Semeia 11 or have others found this error in other resources? (Opening other issues at random they appear quite normal.)

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 62
James R. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 8:39 PM

Report typo doesn't work for me either. Not sure if it should yet. 

I reported the following issue two or three years ago: In the Four-Fold Gospel (McGarvey) only the first info pop-up works. So if there are 3 scripture references, only the first reference pops up when you hover your cursor on it. The others pop up the (same) first reference as well. This is true throughout the entire book. Clicking on any of the blue reference links will only open the first reference.

Again - this is true throughout the book and was true in version 3, is true in Mac 1.2.2 and in A12. So it's not an L4 Mac issue, but Mac is what I use exclusively, so I'm reporting here again. I love this old book and sure would like to have it working properly.

Thanks again!

Posts 106
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 2:54 PM

I was also having trouble getting "Report typo" to work.

Melissa in tech support gave me this hint: "When you right-click on the incorrect word or words, make sure you are clicking on “Selection” on the top right side of the context menu, then “Report Typo” will appear on the lower left side."

It works!

In return, I suggested to her that the website page about "Report typo" should include that rather essential information.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS