Latest release doesn't show percentage complete on indexing

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27636
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 6 2014 7:36 PM

This has occurred twice today. Before the latest release it was showing the percentage.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:03 PM

Is this your Verbum or Logos installation?

It showed the percentage information for me on my Logos beta installation last night?

Posts 27636
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:19 PM

Verbum. It showed for me until I installed the RC version.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:25 PM

MJ. Smith:
Verbum. It showed for me until I installed the RC version.

My Logos RC installation showed it so it looks like it may be a Verbum-specific issue.

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 7 2014 6:38 AM

I'm using Logos 5; my indexing appears to be stuck at 92%!

Any ideas?

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
This has occurred twice today.

Indexing goes through an initial phase (which is essentially counting resources to index) when the progress isn't known yet (and no percentage is displayed); it's been like this for a long time. (Usually that phase finishes very quickly and you don't notice it.) I suppose it could just say "0% complete" for the duration of that phase if that would be an improvement to the UI.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 7 2014 10:14 AM

Drew:
I'm using Logos 5; my indexing appears to be stuck at 92%!

Can you start a new thread, with logs? (See 'How to ask for help' in my signature.)

Posts 27636
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 7 2014 12:21 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
Indexing goes through an initial phase (which is essentially counting resources to index) when the progress isn't known yet (and no percentage is displayed); it's been like this for a long time

But this has been for several hours .... I'll get logs after I visit Mother.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS