Proclaim Sync maintenance this afternoon/evening

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 8 2014 1:48 PM

Starting at approximately 2:30PM Pacific Daylight Time / 9:30PM UTC Proclaim Sync will be unavailable for approximately 2 - 4 hours while we migrate the database to more performant disk.

We're making this change because we have been seeing some slowdowns on the existing database on Sunday mornings. Currently the slowdowns are not user impacting, but they eventually could be. This migration will result in nearly a five fold increase in disk performance.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but know that we're taking early steps to make your Sunday presentations even better.

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 4:16 PM

Due to some unanticipated network slowdowns, we'll be extending this maintenance to the next 5 - 8hrs

Posts 13
Rich Sclafani | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 4:45 PM

is there any way to kick it on for like 10 minutes so i can sync some thing for use this evening.  i'm in seattle and need it for a presentation at 7:30pm tonight?

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 5:46 PM

Unfortunately no, but it looks like there is a good chance we'll be done before then.

You could also use the USB backup functionality to bring your presentation with you.

Posts 4
Anthony Cooper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:03 PM

Is there a reason why it won't backup even to my desktop? Will I lose what I've done already? And why can't Proclaim send out notices letting people know when they are doing things like this.... for $250 per year licensing, you'd think that would be a pretty customer friendly thing to do...

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:26 PM

It should still backup to your desktop, this maintenance should not prevent that. I just used USB stick as an example.

I apologize that for the inconvenience. This time was chosen as one of the better times that we could make this move, due to the relative lull in traffic on Friday afternoons.

We'll do a better job about maintenance notification in the future.

Posts 1
James Hornby | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 8:41 PM

Yes some notice would be appreciated. I'm in Australia (Sat afternoon here) and I've just wasted an hour deleting/reloading etc because my computer wouldn't sync. I need to add some things to our service for tomorrow that my mobile admin team have already created. It would have saved a lot of time.

Thank you in advance for future notifications. 

Posts 1
Wayne Taskis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 9:17 PM

Hi I am in Australia and a Seventhday Adventist.

Please be aware that there are those of us that worship on a Saturday. Very difficult time this morning. We were not able to down load our program.

The person who built it was out of town. I understand you cannot please everybody and what you are doing is only positive. But a warning when I log in would be a good idea I think.

Appreciate what we have here in Proclaim GOD BLESS.

Posts 42
Steven Stoops | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 10:06 PM

So, I'm hoping this will be completed soon???  I won't be able to be in front of my computer much tomorrow and kinda need to download the presentation tonightSleep

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 10:49 PM

Thank you all for your replies and I want you to know that I empathize with your situation. It looks like we will be finished in the next 10 minutes. We did not anticipate this many snags cutting over to the new disks.

I will talk with the Desktop team about how/if we can integrate maintenance notifications in to Proclaim. I think that is a great idea, and I believe that thorough and early communication helps get everyone on the same page.

Posts 106
LogosEmployee
Richard Kiene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 8 2014 11:11 PM

Maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the interruption.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS