Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2014 8:49 AM

For the last two weekends, I have experienced intermittent outages with biblia.com, where Proclaim fetches its Bible verses for inclusion into a presentation.

Two weeks ago, it appeared to resolve itself, but this last weekend, I tried several times over several hours. I got the first 3 or 4 references done OK, but after that, I was able to fetch a single verse, and when I tried to format it in Proclaim, it would fail to change from full format to block text, and when I deleted that verse and tried to re-fetch it, Proclaim reported that bibla.com was offline, which I confirmed through a browser. Once bibla.com was back online (according to a browser), I tried again with Proclaim and had the same problems.

I had to abandon Proclaim and use a different presentation method for the weekend.

Sad to report, but Proclaim has been very slow at logging in for the last few months, and the recent upgrade did nothing to help my experience.

I access Proclaim over a wired broadband connection for most of what I've mentioned above. It is no slower over a wireless connection (via multiple ISPs), so I have ruled out the Internet connection & ISP as the source of the problem.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 9:51 AM

Maurice Boardman:
I was able to fetch a single verse, and when I tried to format it in Proclaim, it would fail to change from full format to block text

I have not run into this before and have not been able to reproduce this issue. What do you mean by it would fail to change the format? Does it give you an error message? If you could give steps that lead to this issue you are experiencing that would help greatly.

Maurice Boardman:
Proclaim reported that bibla.com was offline, which I confirmed through a browser.

What time did this happen exactly?

Maurice Boardman:
Proclaim has been very slow at logging in for the last few months

I'm sorry to hear about this. I will investigate and see if I can find a solution that will help you out.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 10:14 AM

Also, if you could reproduce a long sign in and then post your Proclaim.log file, that would be great! It should be located here:

Mac:

• /Users/[username]/(~Library)/Application Support/Proclaim/Logging/ 
  • The Library folder might be hidden. If so, hit CMD+Shift+G and enter "~/library" into the box.

Windows: 

• XP    -  %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Proclaim Log Files\
  • Vista/Win7   -   %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Proclaim Log Files\
Posts 11
Justin Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:31 PM

I'm also getting the "Unable to connect to Biblia.com" error (11:30 pm EDT on 8/12/2014).

However, Biblia.com loads when accessed from a browser.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:56 PM

Justin Young:

I'm also getting the "Unable to connect to Biblia.com" error (11:30 pm EDT on 8/12/2014).

Could you please post your Proclaim.log file using Spencer's instructions above?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:56 PM

Justin Young:

Could you please post your Proclaim.log file using Spencer's instructions above?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 9:36 PM

One of the databases that backs Proclaim has failed. Right now media searching and Bible verse retrieval are impacted. We're working on bringing things back online, will keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 8:25 AM

We're back as of 1AM PDT, thanks for your patience.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/87878/616363.aspx#616363

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 16 2014 6:45 PM

1. Formatting Bible verse. When I changed the radio button choice from "Fully formatted" to "Block paragraphs" the radio button indicated the change, but the text in the slide preview remained in "fully formatted" view. This happened to me last Saturday (8/9/14) while there were also problems getting text from Biblia.com. It has happened maybe one other time before, and I know I have had trouble accessing Biblia before, but I cannot confirm that the two coincided on that occasion.

2. Biblia was offline intermittently from late Saturday afternoon (8/9/14 4pm?) through 10pm that evening when I gave up. The problems may have persisted longer than that, but I wasn't trying to access it any more.

3. I have no log files to submit to you for when I had a long login time.

I have attached the log files as requested, from the 8/9/14 afternoon/evening timeframe.8156.Proclaim Log Files as of 2014-08-09.zip

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 23 2014 7:32 PM

I experienced the same problem again today 08/23/2014 1815 PDT. Biblia.com and logos.com websites went down immediately after this, as before. Could I be causing this??? The attached ZIP contains a narrative.txt file which explains the process I went through, what I saw, screen shots and the Proclaim log files.

7674.Biblia offline.zip

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 4:03 PM

Any news on this?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 4:20 PM

Followed up offline.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS