Printing Help

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 56
Charles Cherry | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:04 PM

Is it just me, or is printing seriously disabled in Logos 4? There seems to be no way to print directly from within the program, or at least the printing capability is very well hidden.

So, I'm reading an article in the Apologetics Study Bible, for instance, and I think to myself, "Self, I think you should print this article and read it the old fashioned way." So I right click in the article window, and voila, nothing about printing at all.

"Hmm...," I says to myself. So then I go to the File menu, looking for the trusty old File->Print, but nope, nothing there. It doesn't look like a Windows File menu at all. So then I start highlighting text, and right-clicking...NOTHING! 

Now, I'm getting a little hot under the collar, and I start clicking around all over the application, trying to print SOMETHING! Anything!

What is going on here? Am I going nuts, or what?

Wait - don't answer that question - my lack of sanity might be totally unrelated to this Logos 4 upgrade. Then again...maybe there is some causal relationship that needs to be explored...

Just tell me how to print stuff out when I need/want to!

Posts 30907
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:07 PM

CharlesCherry:
Is it just me, or is printing seriously disabled in Logos 4?

Yes, it is a "coming soon" feature. Copy and paste into something that can dprint or screen print.Sad

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7
Barry Wingfield, PhD | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 8:09 AM

How can I print a list of my library resources? I can't even seem to copy and paste them into a word doc for printing?!?

Posts 29
John Bengtson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 12:07 PM

Charles,

Couldn't agree more.  This is yet another addition to my list of "I upgraded too soon" items (the biggest item being inability to import highlighting and notes from v3, which makes v4 unusable for my daily Bible study since I need to be able to see old notes & not just add new ones with hope of later successful aggregation).

Whole bunch of fancy features in the new version, and I can appreciate them for their technical achievement (and I do occasionally use them), but too many essential basic features are still missing.

John B

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 12:14 PM

barry.wingfield@cbf.us:

How can I print a list of my library resources? I can't even seem to copy and paste them into a word doc for printing?!?

Mark Barnes made a web-based application to fill the gap until Logos codes a proper Bibliography feature ( http://www.4-14.org.uk/off-topic/logos4-bibliographic-report )

According to Logos, the features the withheld from the initial release were based on usage statistics from Libronix. Printing was not an oft-used feature by a wide section of Logos users. It is also more difficult since Internet Explorer was dropped as the screen-renderer.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 12:21 PM

barry.wingfield@cbf.us:

This can't be done at this time. However, some features in the upcoming beta should help with this. I just created one in Beta 9 by making a collection of everything in my library and exporting the bibliography. Unfortunately the export puts the author name first, and that can't be changed, but it's something.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 12:22 PM

JohnBengtson:

Charles,

Couldn't agree more.  This is yet another addition to my list of "I upgraded too soon" items (the biggest item being inability to import highlighting and notes from v3, which makes v4 unusable for my daily Bible study since I need to be able to see old notes & not just add new ones with hope of later successful aggregation).

Whole bunch of fancy features in the new version, and I can appreciate them for their technical achievement (and I do occasionally use them), but too many essential basic features are still missing.

John B

Notes and highlighting are working in Beta9 and should be released for everyone else soon.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1
Charles Meile | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:59 AM

March 1, 2010

I am so frustrated with the fact that I cannot print my notes from Logos 4.  Had I know this, I would have never made the purchase.  Additionally, when I called for tech-support I was told to go to "forums."  I pressed Jenell to simply anwer my question "can I print my notes?"  She refused to answer and kept referring me to "forums."  Why not just be honest and upfront with the customer?  Finally, It is extremely frustrating to have to wait so long to speak to tech-support!!! 

Frustrated Customer

Charles

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:35 AM

Hi Charles,

Welcome to the forums.  Sorry about your experience.  It is a little odd that your question was not addresses by a "not yet" answer.  Printing is not available yet in L4.  It is scheduled for release 2nd quarter this year.  Here you can find what is missing in L4 and when you can expect it to arrive

http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

-Note: I notice it says "better printing support" for 2nd quarter. 

I will say I find it odd that it says "better printing support" considering we don't have the ability to print at all.  (I feel it kind of insinuates we do have some ability to print now, which we don't)

I notice this is your first post, so maybe you've recently purchased L4, possibly in the last 30 days?  If so you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase if you wish.  However, I would strongly suggest you stick with it.  L4 even in its current state is a great program IMO.  There are some key functions missing, but they are coming.  While I'm waiting for certain functions I've been familiarizing myself with the multitude of current great features available in L4.  The L4 wiki page is a great place to find tips and videos that will help you become familiar with the program.  The wiki page can be found by going to the top of this page and clicking on the link.  I'd strongly recommend you check out the videos, especially the user made ones, they have been extremely helpful for me.

Again, welcome to the forums and hope to see you around.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:29 AM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:
I will say I find it odd that it says "better printing support" considering we don't have the ability to print at all.  (I feel it kind of insinuates we do have some ability to print now, which we don't)

You can print images right now (i.e 1000 Bible Images or Word Find Puzzle) from a right click menu.

Posts 5
Mark Bjornholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 5:02 PM

I just emailed a question about the Logos 4 printing fail to Logos customer service, and then just came across this "Printing Help"  topic on this forum.  I think it is a serious error that they did not include the ability to print easily.  Plus, I think Logos 4 is rather slow.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS