Default to 'Pay in Full' please (not monthly payments)

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1686
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2014 9:17 PM

When I open a resource or collection, I would prefer to see the price of the product accurately displayed. Hiding it behind a "Pay in Full" tab does nothing to enhance my experience: it may actually make me less likely to trust what I'm seeing, as if I have to read the fine print to ensure I'm not being hood-winked or confused by what's being offered.

Here's an example, where my first response was to assume that I already owned several of the resources in the collection (dynamic pricing) rather than that I would be committing myself to monthly debits for the year ahead:

Thanks.

Posts 2089
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 12 2014 10:29 PM

Allen, thanks for your feedback. Let me assure you that our goal is not to trick anyone into thinking that's the single-payment price. We're actually in the process of rolling out a few tweaks to make this even clearer.

This change is reflective of how many of our customers prefer to shop on payment plans. Some customers buy exclusively on payment plans. Others never do. Our ultimate goal is to always show you your preference. We're in a transitional stage right now with this. Eventually you'll probably be able to set your default preference, and we'll show you that preference across the site. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. Thanks again for your feedback. It helps us prioritize future development.

Posts 1952
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:34 AM

yes, it is very confusing.

I don't remember seeing a website where they show monthly-payment option as a default.

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 1:30 AM

I agree - almost purchased an item that I thought was $35 in total, which I had assumed was due to Dynamic Pricing - when that was the Monthly Pricing Sad

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 2:01 AM

I always pay in full. Please make this the default option. Now you have to click on the "Pay in Full" tab to see the price.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 4:43 AM

This is confusing. I also almost mistook the price for my dynamic price on a bundle.

while I have bought a couple of major collections on payment plan, the overwhelming number of my purchases ... Probably 98%... Have been outright. 

Please make single payment the default. 

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 4:58 AM

I never have and never will pay on instalments. Rom 13:8 Surely, that should continue to be my default option.

Too many changes! Sad

I've just got used to download only for getting Logos resources, when for years I gathered a reassuring pile of CDs and DVDs. Wink

Logos should aim to be like its Lord. Heb 13:8. *smile*

Wink

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:30 AM

Damian McGrath:

Yes!  Please.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9534
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:45 AM

I was so confused about this a couple of days ago that I actually wrote an email to a Logos employee to say that the website had the wrong price. I know I didn't read it carefully enough and I wrote back later when my wife pointed this out.

This definitely needs to be changed so that there is no confusion. The actual price needs to be made more prominent.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1865
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:45 AM

Phil Gons:
 We're in a transitional stage right now with this. Eventually you'll probably be able to set your default preference, and we'll show you that preference across the site. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

I also agree that the single payment should be the default as it is less confusing. I think, even in this transitional stage, you should have the single payment as the default until such time as we are able to set our own default preference.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:58 AM

Super.Tramp:

Damian McGrath:

Yes!  Please.

Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 687
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 8:46 AM

Yes

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 9:02 AM

I prefer the option to choose which I want to see. My church pays my logos bill (to a point), and so the monthly payment plan is beneficial.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 730
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 9:20 AM

Yes

Posts 590
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 9:22 AM

Yes

single payment the default. 

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 9:25 AM

Jesse Blevins:

Yes

single payment the default. 

+ 1 from me too.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 9:46 AM

Integ:
you should have the single payment as the default until such time as we are able to set our own default preference

Definitely!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2
Anna Joy Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:01 PM

Test post

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:04 PM

Anna Walker:

Test post

Test passed. Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 145
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:18 PM

Phil Gons:

...We're actually in the process of rolling out a few tweaks to make this even clearer.

This change is reflective of how many of our customers prefer to shop on payment plans. Some customers buy exclusively on payment plans. Others never do. Our ultimate goal is to always show you your preference. We're in a transitional stage right now with this. Eventually you'll probably be able to set your default preference, and we'll show you that preference across the site. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. Thanks again for your feedback. It helps us prioritize future development.

Phil,

Part of the challenge with how Logos.com is currently displaying pricing information is that it is not consistent--this adds significantly to the confusion.  If the resource is under a certain price point, it simply displays the full price of the resource.  In other words, if it does not qualify for a payment plan, there are no "Pay Monthly" or "Pay in Full" tabs, there is simply the full price of the resource displayed.  Then if it hits a certain price point, it suddenly displays both tabs with the "Pay Monthly" as the default.  Now, anyone that wants to know the full price of the resource is inconvenienced by having to click the "Pay in Full" tab or use the drop down list. But it gets worse, depending on the price of the resource you will see various numbers of months listed as the number of optional payments.  If I am on a 12-month payment plan with 10-months left and want to add "Colección MacArthur", the payment plan option only displays 1-7 payments--payment plan information is not of much benefit.

Depending on the price of the resource, I have seen options for 1-6 payments, 1-12 payments, 1-18 payments, 1-24 payments and others.  The Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade shows 1-10 payments.

If I am on a 24-month payment plan most of the displayed monthly payments are useless on the product pages.  Or, what if I want two resources that combined would allow me a 12-month payment option, but individually only 6-month options.

My point in the above is that I have a hard time seeing the value of how the monthly payment options are benefiting your customers.  I was informed yesterday, when I contacted Logos Support that the change had gone into effect to help people see, in part, how affordable resources can be.  That is excellent, but what about the inconvenience to your existing customers who are already aware of the payment plan options, whether they use this purchasing avenue or not.

I am currently on a payment plan, but I also purchase a ton of resources on a monthly basis that I do not add to my payments and instead chose to pay for them outright.  Sometimes if I have a couple of bigger purchases in a month, I will contact my sales rep and have them added to my payment plan.  Sometimes I even choose to extend my payment plan.  I have no idea whether I am a 'unique' Logos customer or a 'typical' Logos customer with respect to my purchases, but I find it a negative customer experience using the site with the current way pricing is displayed.

So, bottom line, I find the way pricing information is now displayed is not user-friendly and is not consistent depending on the price of the resource.  I still have to use my calculator to figure things out and I don't have a problem with that.  The bottom line is that the way the pricing information is now displayed is cumbersome and is more time consuming for me as a Logos customer looking to purchase additional resources for my library.  So, I appreciate that you have stated that the change is "reflective of how many of our customers prefer to shop on payment plans", but I am not one of them.

Maybe, and I am just thinking out loud, is that what needs to occur is just better customer education about the potential benefits of payment plans, both from the Home Page and from the Product pages themselves.  Create an interactive calculator with various options.  Or, allow customers to play with different scenarios once they have added products to their cart BEFORE they have to hit the proceed button.  Part of the current problem with playing with different scenarios is that once you have added items to the cart--unless you are an seasoned Logos.com user and know better--it 'feels' like you are going to have to proceed with the purchase.  Let people play with different payment scenarios for various resources BEFORE having to click the proceed button.

Respectfully,

Wayne

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS