Missing Resources

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
R. Jason Bartholow | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:15 PM

I installed Logos 4 on a 2nd computer, since my primary laptop may have met a premature demise last night :-(  After installing it it seemed that most of the resources were there, but I was missing about 20 of the resources that I had on my "dead" computer. I don't know the exact resources that are missing yet, but I noticed that the total number of resources in my library is less than before. Do you know what the problem may be, and how I can add the missing resources to the installation on the new computer?

Thanks,

Jason

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:02 PM

If the first computer was an upgrade from L3, it's probably L3 help files which will be brought in if you're upgrading but not downloaded into a new installation as they're not needed.

Posts 6

I rescently updated from L3 to Logos 4, but a large percentage of my library didn't come over. Unlike the man above I know a lot of what's missing like the Biblical World in Pictures, John MacArthrus Life works and many more.  We pruchased the Gold Package in L-3 and have added about $1000 in other books like IVP Academics.

Thanks Greg Cazemier

gdcaz@bendcable.com

Posts 26196
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:48 PM

R. Jason Bartholow:
I installed Logos 4 on a 2nd computer, since my primary laptop may have met a premature demise last night :-(  After installing it it seemed that most of the resources were there, but I was missing about 20 of the resources that I had on my "dead" computer.

Try Update resources in the command bar. Give it a few minutes to work, though.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26196
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 2:00 PM

gdcaz@bendcable.com:
I rescently updated from L3 to Logos 4, but a large percentage of my library didn't come over.

Have you tried Update resources in the command bar?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27
R. Jason Bartholow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:04 PM

Yeah, I tried that when I first noticed the missing resources, but it didn't add anything.  Thanx 4 the suggestion though. Maybe I'll give one more shot...

In Christ,

Jason

Posts 27
R. Jason Bartholow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:09 PM

Jon, I don't think this is the case because the missing resources where in the library tab, & I don't think help files/etc... are listed in there.

In Christ,

Jason

Posts 27
R. Jason Bartholow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:25 PM

Just for the record, I tried it again, and no dice.

Posts 26196
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:40 PM

R. Jason Bartholow:

Just for the record, I tried it again, and no dice.

The ideal solution is to find a folder** of L4 or L3 resources and use the scan command in L4:-

• type scan <location of resources> in the Command bar
  • restart L4

If the resources come from L3 they should be automatically updated by L4.

** an Installation CD/DVD for either L3 or L4 is another possibility.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27
R. Jason Bartholow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 1:13 PM

That seemed to work. Thx 4 the suggestion! Even though my laptop is dead, I did manage to back it up not too long before it died, so I think I have all of the resources again (it I am missing any now, I think it is only a couple).

Anonymous | | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 7:37 AM

I'm having the same problem on a clean install.  39 resources are missing (out of 3923).  I'm slowing going screen by screen to identify them.  The first one missing is "Ages Software Overview Guide".

Most website hosts provide software to backup your site. Check with your host to find out what services and programs they provide.
Blog: How to backup wordpress site

Anonymous | | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 8:13 AM

OK, I've made it through the letter B and the results are very dishearting.  There are three major problems:

• Resources missing in the new installation:
    • Ages Software Overview Guide
    • Anchor Bible Dictionary Overview
    • Authorized Version
    • BAR 27:06
    • The Beauty of Spiritual Language
    • Biblia Hebraica Stutgartensia: WIVU Constituency Tress
    • Biblical Archaeologist Overview Guide
    • Biblical Studies Press Overview Guide
    • Biblical World in Pictures Sample
    • Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew English Lexicon
  • Resources Missing on the Old Installation that don't seem to come in when I update resources, even though they show up in the new installation!
    • Die Bibel nach der Uberstez....
    • Die Bibel, Einheitsuber....
    • Die Bibel. Ilberfelder....
  • Resources that are present in both, but capitalization of the capitals is different!
    • The Be... series

I'm sick to my stomach to think how many other resources I've lost over the years now.  This is nothing less than a fiasco.  The lesson is you cannot rely on Logos' cloud approach.  You need to keep good backups of your resources.

Most website hosts provide software to backup your site. Check with your host to find out what services and programs they provide.

Anonymous | | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 8:33 AM

OK, after doing a scan in my new installation of the old installation's resource directory, both have the same number of resources, but all is not well.  "Authorized Version" is still missing from the new installation, meaning something must also still be missing from the old installation to get the counts to equal out.

Anonymous | | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2011 12:13 PM

Steve from Logos support called me and got Authorized Version to show up finally, although we still aren't really sure why it didn't or exactly what we did to make it show up.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS