Andrew Jones gone

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 14 2014 12:17 PM

I only mention this because it is public and maybe it is old news, but Andrew Jones, the Catholic Product Director, has a new job, he has left Logos.  

I wonder what the plans are, he did a great job getting the Catholic presence inside Logos going - I hope that continues! According to LinkedIn he has been gone from Logos since June. Is this news or just to me?

Posts 290
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 5:30 PM

News to me.  But I'm always the last to know. 

Posts 1697
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 5:57 PM

Andrew Jones did a great job, and we were sad to lose him. I'm glad, though, that he left us only for a position he was excited to take.

Kevin Bagley has joined us as the new Director of Verbum, and I'm confident he's going to continue the work well and help make Verbum an even better product, of use to even more users.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:10 PM

Bob Pritchett:
the new Director of Verbum

WoW.  Logos has replaced the Verbum Directorr in quick fashion.  Is there any word on when, or if, Logos will ever hire product managers for the step-children denominations??     (Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal/Charismatic...)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 235
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 8:21 PM

Andrew's Logos Q&A on a Catholic Bible blog, along with his instructional videos on the Catechism of the Catholic Church collection were big reasons why I started looking into Logos.  I'm so glad that he helped to make known this life changing software, and I wish him all the best.

Posts 28742
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 8:41 PM

Super.Tramp:
 Is there any word on when, or if, Logos will ever hire product managers for the step-children denominations??     (Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal/Charismatic...)

I suspect that finding appropriate product managers for the groups you mention is a more difficult problem. Pure speculation but I suspect that those who knew Andrew was leaving also knew viable candidates and let them know a position would be opening - think networking applied across 78,200,000 members. But if you, meaning all forum users, know someone appropriate for any of the "step-children denominations", have them contact Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 14 2014 8:53 PM

Super.Tramp:

Is there any word on when, or if, Logos will ever hire product managers for the step-children denominations??     (Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal/Charismatic...)

We currently have product managers focusing full-time on Reformed and SDA products, with others in-house contributing to Lutheran, Baptist, Eastern Orthodox, and more. If you know anyone that could be a great addition to the Logos family in one of these areas, please have them reach out to us!

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 3:14 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Andrew Jones did a great job, and we were sad to lose him. I'm glad, though, that he left us only for a position he was excited to take.

Kevin Bagley has joined us as the new Director of Verbum, and I'm confident he's going to continue the work well and help make Verbum an even better product, of use to even more users.

Wow I know Kevin - he is a Deacon in our Archdiocese! Welcome Kevin and good luck in the new job.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 3:31 AM

MJ. Smith:
But if you, meaning all forum users, know someone appropriate for any of the "step-children denominations", have them contact Logos.

Yes Will keep that in mind as I move about today.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 644
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:23 AM

We've also lost Christian Locatell from the Reformed forum which seems to have died a death in his absence. Hopefully things pick up after the summer.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 9:21 AM

Stephen Steele:

We've also lost Christian Locatell from the Reformed forum which seems to have died a death in his absence. Hopefully things pick up after the summer.

Our new Reformed product manager is Jesse Myers. He has been doing a great job working on new products and resources for our Reformed users, and I'm sure he'll pop up in the forums from time to time. Give him a warm welcome if he does! 

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS