List of Resources for Timeline

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 500
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 15 2014 12:58 PM

I asked this a few years ago, and got a very partial list of resources that were used in the Timeline at that time.  I'm hoping that it might be possible now to get a complete list of resources used for the new updated Timeline that came out today.  I am sure there is some type of internal document that must exist of what resources are used so far in the Timeline.

Why do I want this?  Very simple:  when trying to prioritize resources to purchase I would absolutely give preference to any resources I am interested in which are also used in the Timeline.  I see no downside to Logos making this list available with the caveat that it should say:  These resources are used to populate the Timeline as of _______ (date).

I can't be the only user who would prioritize their purchases based on the resources used in the Timeline.

John

Posts 25383
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 1:04 PM

There has been a recent request for this ... you're not alone.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7782
LogosEmployee

Here's the current list of outgoing links from the Timeline, in descending order:

Over 1,000 links:

Over 100 links:

Fewer than 100 links:

Posts 1861
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:41 PM

MJ, or someone else who is a wiki wizard:

Can you add Bradley's very helpful list to the wiki? And maybe a link from the Timeline feature info in the wiki to that list?

Bradley: Thanks for the list. Terrifically helpful.

Donnie

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:52 PM

Donnie Hale:

MJ, or someone else who is a wiki wizard:

Can you add Bradley's very helpful list to the wiki? And maybe a link from the Timeline feature info in the wiki to that list?

Added to Table of Contents  page under Library next to Timeline (see below)

Edit:

Donnie Hale:
And maybe a link from the Timeline feature info in the wiki to that list?

Only Logos Developers can do this. A link into that list would not work after Logos has added more links, since Bradley's post would be missing those.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 500
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 6:54 PM

Thank you, Bradley!

Posts 1329
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 10:50 PM

Very interesting!

I also wish that the Logos timeline could be user-editable: the users could modify the dates and also add events with dates

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1065
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 15 2014 11:47 PM

Thanks Bradley

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 489
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 11:01 PM

Bump - Any updates to the list above or future plans?

Thanks

Posts 714
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:56 AM

We plan to add more resources, but (as suggested by Bradley's list) there's a lot of information here, so updating a static list isn't really feasible.

Marking up dates in resources is now a regular part of our book production process (though we haven't yet gone through all the backlog of resources already produced). Our plan is to add information to the Info Panel to indicate what datasets are annotated on each resource, so you can check and see what's supported. In the case of Timeline, that could be something like "Marked up with dates" and (depending on the resource) "Aligned with Timeline Events". This latter step is different and takes quite a bit more effort: we have to decide whether the event described matches something in our Timeline database, and whether we should add it if not. So we don't plan to do this for every resource.

We'll be releasing dataset documentation on the Timeline soon that will address some of these issues more completely.

Posts 489
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:01 AM

Cool ! and Thanks !

Posts 27
grippit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 5:59 AM

See this product: Logos Timeline Collection - https://www.logos.com/product/49357/timeline-collection

Posts 6465
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 6:43 AM

Here is the quote: https://www.logos.com/product/49357/timeline-collection 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS