Passages not saved in compact view

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 175
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 16 2014 7:17 PM

Problem: A passage list saved in a layout while in compact view always opens in full view.

In a forum search I found a bug report for this that is more than seventeen months old, and the most recent reference to the issue - in a different thread - that is more than a year old.

The latest version of Logos 5, downloaded today, does not fix the problem. Is there any news? I'm used to prompt bug fixes via Logos program updates. Is this a particularly vexing problem for the development team, or have they simply not addressed it?

Posts 24842
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 2:04 AM

Bill Coley:
Problem: A passage list saved in a layout while in compact view always opens in full view.

It is probably regarded as an annoyance, so it doesn't get the priority that you and I think it deserves. Note that there are many bugs older than this.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 175
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 6:35 AM

Dave Hooton:
It is probably regarded as an annoyance, so it doesn't get the priority that you and I think it deserves. Note that there are many bugs older than this.

This makes sense to me except that my observation has been that program updates frequently address annoyance-grade issues, and in the July 2013 thread noted in my original post, a Logos representative invited a forum user to track the March 2013 thread for updates on the issue. From those two realities I developed an expectation that the issue would be fixed; obviously, I was wrong.

Thanks for your reply, Dave.

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 17 2014 11:21 AM

Bill Coley:
my observation has been that program updates frequently address annoyance-grade issues

That is true especially if they are in the related code for another reason. What I do on bugs that aren't getting fixed is simply report them every year or so trying to word it differently so they will see why it is a problem. Here I would call it something like "doesn't remember state"...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS