Collections: Original Language Word Studies (Old & New Testaments)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 84
Mark Rodgers | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:31 AM

Hi All

1. I am seeking to build a collection of all my resources with for which individual "word studies" can be done. This is what I have come up with for my Hebrew OT collection:

((title:lexicon OR "word stud*" OR "bible word" OR "word picture" OR wordbook OR title:synonym OR title:gramm OR lexham OR title:vocab OR (title:words AND title:"old testament") OR (title:dictionary AND title:"old testament") OR (title:commentary AND title:hebrew) OR ((title:dictionary) AND (title:languages OR title:exegetical OR title:hebrew)) OR (title:light AND title:hebrew)) ANDNOT title:greek, title:"study bible", title:"new testament", title:hebrews

2. One of the problems I have is that some of the resources I want to show are titled "hebrew and greek". How can I show these whilst at the same time excluding all titiles just showing the word 'greek'.

3. Please feel free to amend or re-fine this search - would be most useful if I have missed something from the search.

Cheers

Mark

Original Libronix user, living in Scotland, and running 23,500 resources on IMac (2019). Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel i9 | Ram: 64 GB Ram | Graphics Card: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB.

Posts 18885
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:48 AM

Mark Rodgers:

Hi All

1. I am seeking to build a collection of all my resources with for which individual "word studies" can be done. This is what I have come up with for my Hebrew OT collection:

((title:lexicon OR "word stud*" OR "bible word" OR "word picture" OR wordbook OR title:synonym OR title:gramm OR lexham OR title:vocab OR (title:words AND title:"old testament") OR (title:dictionary AND title:"old testament") OR (title:commentary AND title:hebrew) OR ((title:dictionary) AND (title:languages OR title:exegetical OR title:hebrew)) OR (title:light AND title:hebrew)) ANDNOT title:greek, title:"study bible", title:"new testament", title:hebrews

2. One of the problems I have is that some of the resources I want to show are titled "hebrew and greek". How can I show these whilst at the same time excluding all titiles just showing the word 'greek'.

3. Please feel free to amend or re-fine this search - would be most useful if I have missed something from the search.

Cheers

Mark

You could construct a rule which has title:hebrew ANDNOT title:hebrews ANDNOT (title:greek ANDNOT title:hebrew) embedded in it; the parenthesized ANDNOT term will make the preceding ANDNOT exclude only the titles that have greek in them without also having hebrew in them.

If it's getting so complicated it might be easier to use nested collections and exclude that way. See Mark Barnes's videos on Collections and Advanced Collections (Nested Dynamic Collections) to become more adept at this.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS