Hanging

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Patrick J. Melancon | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 19 2014 6:13 PM

When I start Logos, it takes a while to start.  After it is started, if I go to the home page, it can take up to 10 minutes for the home page to load.  However, when I put in a reference and click go, the laptop pinwheels for a long time.  I have to do a force quit and then start it again.  However, I get the same result.  This is very time consuming.  3568.LogosLogs.patrickmelancon.20140820-080839.zip

I am not a computer expert, so please keep the solution easy.

Posts 9140
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 19 2014 8:02 PM

Patrick,

The last log showed a time interval of about 10 minutes for all that was done.

The only thing I noticed was Logos doing a lot of searches in resources for words like mother, family, wife, husband, etc. Can you explain that?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 20
Patrick J. Melancon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 19 2014 8:34 PM

Those were past searches I did when preparing different studies.  I am not sure why it would be doing that now.  Could it be that it is still searching for those terms for some reason?  Maybe I need to clear the searches.  How would I do that?

Posts 20
Patrick J. Melancon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 19 2014 8:37 PM

I think I found the problem.  My hard drive is corrupted and I need to repair it.  If the problem persists, I'll post again.  Thanks for the help.

Posts 1774
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 20 2014 11:31 AM

Patrick J. Melancon:
Those were past searches I did

In addition to your hard drive problem, I'm guessing you kept all those search windows open and have set Logos to open with the same layout that it last closed with.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Posts 9140
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 20 2014 12:30 PM

Robert, that would be my guess, too. However, a corrupted drive probably explains the slow response. Those searches shouldn't take very long to do even if Logos re-did each one.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS