Hebrew/Greek Pronunciation

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
J David Shuttleworth | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 20 2014 7:48 AM

I posted this yesterday to the Android forum and I have yet to hear from anyone. I thought if I post here someone could point me in the right direction. Or perhaps this is a lesson in patience.Smile

I have the latest Logos version of the Android version of the Bible app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab3.

I would like to know how to use the Hebrew pronunciation tool.Also is it the same for the Greek?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

God Bless

David

Posts 2185
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 20 2014 4:52 PM

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe the Hebrew pronunciation tool is only available in the Windows and Mac PROGRAMS, not in the APPS that run on mobile devices.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 7541
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:36 PM

Both work on my iPhone and iPad (IOS).

DAL

Posts 87
J David Shuttleworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:47 PM

I saw a video made by Logos that said it would work on tablets and smartphones, however, it did not go into the specifics

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:58 PM

As of yet, audio does not work on Android. I saw a post yesterday that it is coming soon.

Posts 2185
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 5:32 AM

David Thomas:

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe the Hebrew pronunciation tool is only available in the Windows and Mac PROGRAMS, not in the APPS that run on mobile devices.

I stand corrected.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 8:42 AM

There are several misconceptions in this thread.

J David Shuttleworth:

I saw a video made by Logos that said it would work on tablets and smartphones, however, it did not go into the specifics

Yes, this is correct. You can access both the Greek and Hebrew audio pronunciations through the Bible Word Study tool. When you do a Bible Word Study on a Greek or Hebrew word, there should be an audio icon that will play the pronunciation.

Keith Larson:

As of yet, audio does not work on Android. I saw a post yesterday that it is coming soon.

Two things with this:
1) The post referring to audio coming soon was regarding read-along resources like the LEB and ESV, as well as the audio resources currently on prepub and the pre-existing audio resources such as https://www.logos.com/product/41558/readings-in-the-greek-new-testament The Greek and Hebrew audio pronunciation tools referred to in this thread are a different kind of resource that can't be opened directly in the apps.

2) The new version of the Android apps (4.3.7) has already shipped to the stable channel, so the audio improvements referred to in my last paragraph ARE already available. Smile

Hope that clears things up!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS