How to use multi-volume commentaries.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
BobFar | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:46 AM

If this has been asked I apologize.

I have my Bible tab and my commentary tab linked. This is great for single volume works. However I am not sure how to make this work for multi-volume works.

Example. I click on 1 Cor 13:1 and a single volume work will go directly there. I have another commentary series that is in 9 volumes. Do I have to go into my library or passage guide to open that volume or can I create a tab that will automatically go to the volume that is needed for a particular verse?

If this has been asked before I apologize.

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:51 AM

Logos will automatically switch the commentary to the relevant one within the series. It's very nice. Smile

Posts 9316
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 10:00 AM

Bobby Farris Jr:
I have another commentary series that is in 9 volumes. Do I have to go into my library or passage guide to open that volume or can I create a tab that will automatically go to the volume that is needed for a particular verse?

As Tanner pointed out it should automatically open the volume that deals with the passage you have moved to in your Bible. This should work for all volumes in a commentary series. (Of course it will do nothing if the series doesn't have a volume dealing with the passage you selected.) I wonder if you tried this and it didn't work or were just wondering what to do? If it doesn't work please let us know what series you were trying to link to.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 20
BobFar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 10:26 AM

I am going to school to get a BS: Religion-Biblical and Theological studies so I got on Logos.com and purchased a couple of new commentaries and they brought up a certain volume within a series, but I wanted to make sure they would go to the correct volume if I switched passages.

I had this set up for the Pulpit commentaries, but am switching to a different series and wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

Thank you for your quick and timely reply.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS